LaSalle Investment Management is seeking an Associate to join its Transactions team in the firm’s Chicago headquarters to assist with real estate investment transactions. The position will provide exposure to a variety of asset classes including office, industrial, retail, and multifamily property investments, and spanning varied risk profiles and geographic regions. The role is primarily focused on Argus and Excel-based analysis of potential real estate acquisitions and reviewing due diligence materials on active investments.
- Work directly with acquisition officers to evaluate and underwrite potential core, value-add, and opportunistic real estate acquisitions on behalf of the firm’s commingled funds and separate accounts;
- Perform complex financial analyses, including Argus valuation models and Excel-based underwriting pro-formas, cash flow projections and sensitivity analyses;
- Train and facilitate the development of the Transactions analysts.
- Assist with managing the due diligence process, including the review and analysis of leases, operating information, legal documentation, and other investment-related materials;
- Gather and evaluate economic and market data; and
- Assist with the preparation and presentation of investment memoranda to the firm’s Investment Committee.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- BA/BS degree in real estate, finance, accounting, or economics or related field with strong record of academic achievement
- 3+ years of direct transaction or related experience
- Experience across multiple product types (office, multifamily, industrial, retail) is preferred.
- Highly skilled in modeling investments in Excel and Argus; experience modeling joint ventures with distribution waterfalls is preferred
- Knowledge of DCF, NPV and cash flow models
- Strong financial and analytical ability with solid organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Highly-developed verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Strong work ethic, integrity, and drive are essential qualities.
- Proactive thinking with detail-oriented and creative problem-solving approach
- Candidate must be authorized to work in the United States