Associate Vice President, Corporate Strategy and Operations
Objective of Role:
LaSalle Investment Management is currently seeking an Associate Vice President, Corporate Strategy and Operations to join its global management team in the firm’s Chicago office. Reporting to the Global Head of Corporate Strategy and Development, this individual will assist in developing the strategic framework that supports LaSalle’s short- and long-term growth plans and budgets. This role will also work closely with executive stakeholders to lead and execute internal consulting projects related to evaluation of new growth initiatives and/or enhancements to LaSalle’s organizational model and operational practices. The individual, working closely with applicable functional leaders, will also assist in executing on key global initiatives including LaSalle’s digital transformation strategy and sustainability strategy.
- Work directly with LaSalle’s Global Head of Corporate Strategy and Development to support all phases of the short-term and long-term strategic planning processes including identifying growth opportunities through competitive intelligence, assessing LaSalle’s relative strengths and weaknesses, understanding short and long-term trends, developing content for strategy presentations, and crafting clear execution and communication plans.
- Conduct research and analysis, including financial modeling, to identify and evaluate emerging issues, opportunities, and threats that may impact the business.
- Develop presentations, coordinate timelines, and gather inputs from inside and outside the organization to better inform decision making with LaSalle senior leadership.
- Support change management in the organization and work with the Global Head of Corporate Strategy and Development to ensure strategic initiatives are implemented in a timely manner.
- Execute internal consulting projects related to evaluation of new growth initiatives and/or enhancements to LaSalle’s organizational model and/or operational practices
- Work effectively across business units and act as an internal consultant to support the business on a wide variety of assignments and projects. Execute projects from initiation through completion.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- 3-5 years' experience in management consulting or corporate strategy.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or related field; MBA a plus.
- Experience in an international, financial or professional services organization preferred.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency in financial modeling preferred.
- Sound financial acumen and excellent decision-making judgement.
- Strong cross-cultural understanding and communication skills.
- Ability to think strategically as well as to act tactically.
- Ability to solve complex problems
- Prior interaction with senior corporate level executives.
- Comfortable working independently, with minimal day to day guidance
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong relationship and collaborative team building skills.
- Thrives in a continuous improvement environment; flexible and adaptable.
- Ability to push through difficult change and overcome stakeholder objectives.
- Excellent communication skills: listening, verbal and written
- Ability to travel required.
- Digital transformation experience a plus
LaSalle Investment Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer.