Associate, Stockholder Services
Objective of Role:
Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Stockholder Services, the Associate – Stockholder Services will play an integral role in the Stockholder Services group at LaSalle for stockholders of Jones Lang LaSalle Income Property Trust, Inc., a daily NAV REIT as well as our 1031 Exchange Program. In partnership with our third party transfer agents, the Stockholder Services group is responsible for ensuring compliance with policies and procedures, the quality of stockholder transactions, record keeping and output, and act as a liaison to our distribution partners.
- Provide guidance and direction to the REIT and 1031 Program transfer agents.
- Ensure record keeping accuracy on all new accounts, purchases, redemptions, transfers, distributions and maintenance to preserve a high quality of service.
- Daily reconciliation of transactions and money settlement
- Act as a liaison with our distribution partners to onboard new clearing firms and broker-dealers to distribute our product to the retail public.
- Work with stockholders, financial professionals, internal/external wholesalers and firm back offices to assist with service needs.
- Assist transfer agent with daily questions on project initiatives and servicing.
- Identify and implement procedural and process improvements for our servicing business.
- Coordinate stockholder mailings and output with various vendors (letters, proxy, tax forms, and statements).
- Audit and approve annual tax forms and monthly/quarterly stockholder statements.
- Approve and oversee the payments of Dealer-Manager fees, Distribution fees and all selling commissions.
- Review/approve fees and commission payments for 1031 Program
- Manage the offering document process with 1031 Program transfer agent
- Act as liaison between transfer agent and wholesaling teams on service issues
- Request and provide various reporting required from executive management, accounting and distribution partners.
- Follow through on customer requests and tasks given to our transfer agent for completion and acceptable level of accuracy.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or other financial area.
- Seeking a candidate with 4-7 years of full-time experience in a similar role.
- Work experience in the financial services operations area, preferred.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and written with internal and external customers, business partners and vendors.
- Flexibility with tasks and responsibilities as well as organizational and planning skills to process with changing directions, deadlines and standards.
- Attention to detail and ability to maintain a high level of work accuracy.
- Ability to work under own initiative.
- Independent and strong problem solving skills.
LaSalle Investment Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer.