Associate Product Manager
Team & Role Overview:
If you live and breathe digital, we want to offer you a challenging and exciting role in LaSalle's Digital Transformation Team. Imagine using digital technologies to disrupt the real estate investment industry. Our job in LaSalle's Digital Transformation Team is to foster innovation and accelerate the impact of digital transformation by partnering closely with our business units. We prototype ideas, test them in real business scenarios and quickly develop and adapt solutions. Combining data science, human-centered design and the latest rapid development techniques—such as agile, microservices and DevOps—we deliver breakthrough products and experiences. For our digital transformation, we are using agile methodologies to develop a LaSalle Digital Experience (LDX) Platform connected to a layer of core digital applications and built on our unified data & content platform.
The position reports to the Head of Digital Product for the Americas, but will be working extremely closely with business and technology leaders across the Americas and our digital delivery center in India. This role will be based in Chicago, and involve some amount of travel between our offices across the US, Canada and the delivery center in Bangalore. This close collaboration with function leads helps ensure increased efficiency and productivity through digital transformation and agility. The objective is to be 'best-in-class' amongst our peers.
- Work closely with business stakeholders to help define and drive the Americas digital transformation strategy.
- Work closely with the LaSalle business team to understand user needs, design solutions and document requirements and acceptance criteria.
- Translate business requirements into data and reporting requirements and definitions that will inform user stories for the delivery team to build the data foundation and front-end user interface.
- Gather business rules, data and unstructured information from multiple sources and systems, critically evaluating it and reconciling conflicts in requirements.
- Work with the LaSalle Digital Delivery Team closely, to communicate requirements clearly to developers and testers, ensure all business-related queries are resolved and support with any functional testing as needed.
- Analyze LaSalle data and content sources to document data definitions, determine value source mapping and support the creation of a business glossary/data dictionary.
- Work with the business and technology team to verify the accuracy and completeness of data and document business rules for data cleansing.
- Identify and document user access control requirements to build role-based permissions and access control for data and documents, in alignment with regulatory requirements.
- Be a continuous champion and marketer of LaSalle's transformation, digital and agile goals, and communicate progress, priorities and vision to both senior management and the broader business stakeholder group.
Required Skills & Experience:
- At least 6+ years of demonstrable experience in business analysis, product management, program management or a related field - in a real estate or financial domain preferred.
- Experience with projects implementing enterprise data platforms, analytics and business intelligence solutions (e.g. Looker, Tableau, Power BI) or ETL/data transformation processes.
- Extensive experience working with business stakeholders to understand user needs, document requirements and translate them into product features within a fast-paced changing environment.
- Strong knowledge of agile methodologies, product management principles and development processes within a Scrum framework.
- Experience managing and prioritizing a product backlog and writing epics, user stories and acceptance criteria for functional and non-functional requirements.
- Able to communicate complex technical issues in a non-technical manner to business users.
- Proven problem-solving skills, with the ability to multi-task, lead through influence and demonstrate a 'client-service' mentality.
- Superb written and verbal skills, including the ability to communicate between technical and non-technical contributors and communicate between project team and senior leadership.
- Functional understanding of real estate specific applications like Yardi, Argus, RealPage and VTS.
- Experience implementing document management systems or digital experience platforms (e.g. Liferay).
- Experience working with offshore technology delivery teams.
- Familiarity with and understanding of finance, accounting and investment analysis principles.
- Familiarity with project management tools & software.
LaSalle Investment Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer.