Assistant Global Controller
The Assistant Global Controller will work with the Global Finance Team to establish and maintain accounting policies and controls, fiscal controls, preparing financial reports and safeguarding the organization's assets.
- Maintain accounting and financial records, including general ledger and financial statements, ensuring compliance with US GAAP
- Manage the consolidation of all financial data necessary for timely and accurate financial reporting
- Analytical review of LaSalle’s operations from a balance sheet, income statement and cash flow perspective
- Develop, document and maintain effective internal controls, policies and procedures over revenue recognition, co-investment and other financial reporting matters
- Coordinate globally with LaSalle regional controllers to ensure compliance with US GAAP and JLL reporting requirements
- Serve as main liaison with JLL for any accounting or month/quarter-end close issues, as well as any US GAAP issues as they arise.
- Manage Chicago-based finance team and provide support to LaSalle finance teams on a global basis
- Coordinate activity of external auditors
- Provide technical accounting guidance to business leaders
- Lead project teams to achieve milestones and objectives
- Solve unique and complex problems that have a broad impact on the business
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum of 5-8 years of accounting experience.
- Bachelors Degree in Finance or Accounting.
- CPA or CFA designation is strongly preferred.
- Strong knowledge of technical accounting concepts.
- Strong acumen for use of accounting and other related systems
- Motivated self-starter with excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
- Ability to think creatively and to take the lead in solving problems
- Strong sense of accountability for quality of own work and the work of the team
- Organized multi-tasker with great attention to detail
- Team player who works independently as well as with others
- Ability to work with off-site managers and clients
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (especially excel) and experience with general ledger systems