Assistant Fund Accountant
Job Title: Assistant Fund Accountant
Location: UK, London
Department: Debt & Special Situations
Employment Type: Full Time
To Apply: Please email a covering letter and your CV (stating the position you are applying for) to: email@example.com
Debt Investments & Special Situations is a specialist business within LaSalle, managing investments across the capital structure (incl. senior debt, whole loans, mezzanine debt & preferred equity) across 4 debt funds, a special situations fund & separate accounts, which are split between 3 key strategies: Special Situations, Residential Finance and Real Estate Debt Strategies. The team has made £2.1bn of investments since 2010. Two of the funds are new, having closed in 2017 with >£250m and >£800m in equity commitments, and are actively investing.
Objective of Role
Within the specialised Debt and Special Situations Investment business, there is a Finance & Loan Agency team of 4 people responsible for all elements of accounting, financial reporting, cash management, statutory / fiscal compliance and the loan agency & servicing for all funds and separate accounts advised by the Debt and Special Situations team. The Finance & Loan Agency team also plays a key role in fund structuring/set-up, bank financing and liquidations as well as taking responsibility for corporate matters in relation to fund entities. LaSalle are looking to recruit an Assistant Fund Accountant with drive, excellent communication skills and the ability to work in the challenging and exciting Debt and Special Situations business. The successful candidate will assist fund controllers in the management of 2-3 debt funds, and will also play a key role in the loan agency & servicing function managed internally at LaSalle.
- Assisting with the preparation of the accounting, consolidation and reporting processes for 2 -3 of LaSalle’s debt funds, including quarterly financial statements, investor reporting, annual financial accounts, calculation of distributions, preparation of capital calls, and dealing with investor requests.
- Supporting fund controller with the audit process and tax compliance, including liaising with external advisers for 2 -3 of LaSalle’s debt funds.
- Processing of invoices & payments and calculation of fees for 2 -3 of LaSalle’s debt funds.
- Key player in loan agency function including preparing interest payment statements, compliance testing, instructing valuations and dealing with borrower requests for the loans in the designated funds.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Part/Qualified Accountant, or 3 - 5 years practical experience in management accounts
- Fund and/or debt/property accounting experience (an experience in both would be advantageous but not essential)
- Excellent Excel knowledge and experience of Yardi or similar General Ledger systems an advantage
- Self-motivated/able to work on your own/takes initiative
- Ability to meet deadlines/Hard-working
- Outgoing personality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Organised, methodical and with an eye for detail.
LaSalle is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from all sections of the community