LaSalle GPS Profile:
The LaSalle Global Partner Solutions (“GPS”) business is a global business line within LaSalle, managing $6.1 billion of real estate investments invested with local operating partners and managers across the world. LaSalle GPS sits alongside LaSalle’s three regional direct private equity business lines and LaSalle’s global public real estate securities business. LaSalle GPS has approximately 35 people across offices in London, New York, Chicago and Singapore consisting of Real Estate Investment professionals, finance and ‘mid-office’ support.
Objective of Role:
LaSalle GPS is currently seeking a Senior Finance Executive. This individual will serve in a lead role to help manage a significant portion of the accounting and reporting process for multiple indirect real estate funds with international investors utilizing FMV GAAP. This individual will report to the GPS US Finance Director.
- Take a lead role in the quarterly and annual accounting closes, including drafting financial statements and client statements
- Quarterly financial analysis, including review of investment accounting information
- Coordinate quarterly and annual reporting requirements, as well as year-end audit and tax requirements
- Co-ordinate and liaise with JV partners, fund managers, asset managers, investors on finance, reporting & tax matters, liquidity and cash-flow management relating to the portfolio
- Prepare / Review bank account reconciliations
- Prepare / Review journal entries
- Track and record a high volume of investor cash transactions
- Coordinate with cash management group to execute all cash transactions in multiple currencies
- Calculate, analyze and report performance returns
- Create efficiency in and effectiveness of the financial reporting process as well as improve client services
- Take initiative in identifying problems and providing suggested solutions
- Take the lead on special projects as assigned
- Ability to interact and work with a global team across multiple regions and time zones
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years of accounting experience.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting.
- CPA designation is strongly preferred. Candidate will be expected to achieve CPA in order to qualify for future progression.
- Strong knowledge of technical accounting concepts, specifically FMV GAAP
- Strong acumen for use of accounting and other related systems
- Experience in real estate accounting and international tax structures.
- Motivated self-starter with excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
- Strong sense of accountability for quality of own work and the work of the team
- Prior experience with multiple currencies a plus.
- Strongly proficient in Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel
- Ability to understand accounting systems and embrace technology initiatives
- Willingness to travel (minimal)
LaSalle Investment Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer.