Asset Manager (London)
Job Title: Asset Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
Team Overview: This role is to work in the Central London offices asset management team, responsible for the management of LaSalle’s assets across Central London. The team currently consists of 3 asset managers and is looking to grow by one to assist in managing their approximately £3.7bn of assets with a rent roll of £142m per annum across LaSalle’s UK direct property mandates. The role will be reporting to a senior surveyor within the London team. The team itself has access to significant capital to invest into the London office market and works across the return spectrum and therefore is likely to grow significantly in the short term.
Role and Accountabilities: Assist in the creation and implementation of asset level business plans, fund reporting and performance projections across all London Offices – Producing the necessary analysis and then delivering asset management initiatives including leasing, renewals, rent reviews, refurbishments, surrenders, dilapidations, and re-gears. Overseeing the property managers as well as third party suppliers such as project managers and being directly responsible for general asset management on a number of allocated assets. Assisting in underwriting of new acquisitions and development as well as disposals is key element of the role. Supporting the team in onboarding London acquisitions and being involved in due diligence process. Providing ongoing support on developments and projects as required. Having a view on Office market trends and contribute to the future business direction. Being involved in wider team projects such as Lasalle’s approach to flexi offices, office APPs, VTS leasing oversight and other technology projects.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum 3+ years of commercial or investment real estate experience
- Some expertise within the occupational office market or London preferred.
- Ability to work well with others, high level of energy, dedication, and passion for the business and the office sector
- Some active asset management experience across levels on the investment risk spectrum (core, core plus, value add, opportunistic) preferred
- Network of existing relationships/contacts within the offices sector and London or a real enthusiasm to broaden existing network.
- Strong Interpersonal skills with an ability to interact with tenants, clients and other stakeholders.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Strong written/verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving and quantitative skills
- Ability to work well under pressure with multiple competing deadlines
- BA or BSc degree with strong record of academic achievement.
- MRICS qualified
- Knowledge of the impact of sustainability on the property industry and offices in particular
- Strong numeracy, financial and computer skills including Excel and ability to understand key performance drivers.
LaSalle is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from all sections of the community