Asset Manager, France
Company: LaSalle Investment Management
Job Title: Asset Manager
Department: Asset Management
LaSalle’s Assets under Management cover the full spectrum of Core to Value-Add investments. The French Asset Management team is currently composed of 7 Asset Managers plus 1 graduate. At December 2018, Assets under Management are approximately 4 billion euros. The team manages investments in France and Luxembourg and forms part of LaSalle’s Continental European business working notably on several cross-border initiatives.
The main roles of the team are:
1/ Identifying and implementing value-add opportunities: Alternative uses, redevelopments, refurbishments, minimizing irrecoverable, building tenant relationships, tenant mix.
2/ Lease regears, renewals, rent reviews and lease contract negotiations
3/ Managing relationships with third party consultants: Managing agents (which includes monitoring rent, service charge & insurance), lawyers, project professionals.
4/ Preparing and managing sales.
5/ Preparing asset level business plans and budget projections.
6/ Working closely with the acquisition team to advise and validate deals, negotiations and assumptions.
Role and Accountabilities:
The Asset Manager will identify and undertake asset management initiatives on the allocated assets: Retail and Offices. The successful candidate will support senior directors in the day to day asset management tasks, and responsibilities will be as follows:
- Manage leasing activity (co-ordination of leasing agents and marketing actions, lease negotiations);
- Plan the strategy of lease renewal campaigns (level of rents, evictions, litigations, expertises )
- Active involvement in the management of co-ownership structures and participation in formal Annual and Regular General Meetings.
- Asset management control: tenancy schedule up dates, follow-up on rent collection with Property Manager, regular checks of rent deposit and bank guarantees, follow-up on property insurances, follow-up of the documentation relative to the asset such as co-ownership, plans, etc…
- Involvement in sales processes (data room preparation);
- Improvement of sustainability performance on the assets managed;
- Organizing and implementing RFPs for all service providers;
- Development of annual property budgets and business plans;
- Maintaining and updating the documentation on each asset (transfer from acquisition to the Asset team, dynamic management of the storage, notably in view of the data room preparation for the sale of the assets).
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Real Estate degree with strong record of academic achievement
- 5 years’ experience preferably in the retail real estate industry ( property management, operational asset management, leasing )
- French mother tongue, Fluent in English
- Knowledge of French market practices (property management, leasing, development, sales, regulations)
- Strong knowledge of the brands, development strategy and positioning.
- Legal and financial competences
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills + high level negotiating skills
- Adaptable team player with the ability to operate autonomously when needed in a high-pressure environment
- Strong interpersonal skills, both a verbal and written format
- Ability to work collaboratively with other internal teams including portfolio/fund teams and analysts, finance, strategy and client services
- Excellent multi-tasking skills and ability to work on a variety of projects simultaneously
- Proactive, able to bring new ideas
- Rigorous and taste for details
- Cost rationalization and quality reporting.
LaSalle is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from all sections of the community