Asset Manager, Business Space
Company: LaSalle Investment Management
Job Title: Asset Manager
Department: Asset Management, Business Space
This role is for an Asset Manager (P2) in the National Business Space asset management team, responsible for the management of LaSalle’s office and industrial assets across the UK outside Central London. The team consists of  asset managers and is responsible for approximately £3bn of assets with a rent roll of £147m per annum across LaSalle’s UK direct property mandates.
Role and Accountabilities:
The successful candidate will be supporting a Director and other senior asset managers within the team on their portfolios while at the same time having responsibility for their own portfolio of assets. This will involve creating and implementing value-add initiatives and risk mitigation strategies for the portfolio to deliver optimal asset performance.
- Specifically, the responsibilities will include:
- Business Planning: working with the team to devise and recommend the strategy (inc. hold/sell) and specific initiatives for individual assets. This will entail creating an annual business plan and providing the inputs for the annual projection process.
- Acquisitions/Disposals: communicating LaSalle’s investment requirements to the market to source potential opportunities and then assisting the team and Fund Managers on the acquisition due diligence process. Also, assist the team and Fund Managers on the sale process including appointment of agents, decision on marketing strategy and management of lawyers and others in the legal process. These processes will also entail preparation of the Investment Committee recommendation and involvement in the presentation of this to the senior members of the UK business for approval.
- Asset Management Initiatives: Implementing initiatives identified in the business plan, including leasing and marketing strategies, refurbishment/redevelopment projects, rent reviews, lease re-gears/renewals, consideration of alternative uses and all other opportunities to create and protect value. You will also be required to recommend and justify these initiatives for approval.
- Managing External Property Managers: Overseeing property management by outsourced service providers and ensuring accountability and performance through regular management meetings and quarterly performance reviews with reference to agreed KPI’s to include tracking and monitoring of rent collection, arrears and data-base records
- Managing Leasing & Strategic Agents: Work with the letting and strategic agents to understand the respective markets (trends, rental values, competition etc.) and establish letting guidelines and objectives. Monitor and reward performance and creative advice. Build on and utilise the strategic agent relationships to drive portfolio performance.
- Reporting: provide quarterly updates to the Fund Management team on progress against the business plan.
- Valuation: providing information to valuers as required and to the Fund Management team for performance assessment.
- Environmental and Sustainability: ensure compliance with the LaSalle Sustainability policy in asset management initiatives including taking account of the LaSalle Refurbishment and Redevelopment guidelines.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- BA or BSc degree with strong record of academic achievement.
- An understanding of property fundamentals (property management, leasing and development).
- Keen interest in property and the changing dynamics in each sector.
- Strong interpersonal skills and good verbal and written communication skills with an ability to work collaboratively.
- Knowledge of the impact of sustainability on the property industry.
- Strong numeracy, financial and computer skills including MS Excel and an ability to understand key performance drivers.
- Adaptable team player with the ability to operate autonomously when needed.
- Able to manage multiple tasks effectively and prioritise as required to meet expectations.
- Must be able to fit in with an established team and contribute to goals outside of their role for the benefit of the firm.
- A driving license is also an advantage.
LaSalle is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from all sections of the community