Company: LaSalle Investment Management
Job Title: Applications Specialist
Department: Business Technology
Team Overview: The European Business Technology team is responsible for all aspects of IT services into LaSalle Europe including the ongoing development of technology solutions across all the European business. We outsource network infrastructure, hardware, telecoms & helpdesk to JLL so the team’s key priorities are to ensures LaSalle Europe has best-in-class applications and effectively manage our IT providers. The team has four members currently based in UK and the Continent. LaSalle is embarking on a significant digital journey and the Business Technology team will play a key role in this exciting and business-critical initiative.
Role and Accountabilities: This role calls for a strong, self-sufficient fast learner capable of hitting the ground running and supporting the business to maximise the systems we have in Europe with a focus on UK. We are looking for someone with an insatiable appetite for learning and who will discover new ways to use technology to improve productivity and deliver value. We are looking for a candidate who has demonstrated a track record for identifying and resolving issues with systems before they become business impacting problems. Candidates who thrive in a fast paced, collaborative environment, and love working with a best-in-class organisation should apply.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Application Support: To provide ongoing technology support for key enterprise systems e.g. MRI Horizon, Yardi Investment Management. Argus Enterprise, QlikView / QlikSense. Including:
- Record, track and manage issues and change requests, as the liaison point between users and the 3rd party product support team.
- Work with third party support teams to resolve incidents and problems affecting systems.
- Partner with third party software providers to ensure systems are maintained and patched appropriately.
- Update and maintain necessary processes documentation.
- Look for any opportunity to optimise systems use and improve user efficiency through discussions with the business.
- Key point of contact in UK to assist in training business users on enterprise systems.
- As the business continuity focal point for key systems, assist in Disaster Recovery (DR) test, manage the annual IT vendor compliance monitoring processes etc.
Project tasks: Work alongside the Project Manager to provide business technology support for implementation / upgrade projects, including:
- Lead in system integrations e.g. interface creation to / from internal and 3rd party systems.
- Lead in data migration.
- Responsible for technology specific user acceptance tests.
- Assist the business during parallel run period.
- Responsible for creating business critical reports using SSRS, PowerBI etc.
- Key point of contact to gather modifications to existing reports
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum 5+years of Application Support or equivalent experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent preferred
- Strong knowledge of real estate systems such as MRI Horizon, Yardi, Argus Enterprise would be ideal;
- Fully competent with SQL scripting or other database access tools
- Fully competent in the use of MS Office applications, reporting tools (e.g. SSRS, Power BI)
- Exceptional critical thinking & analytical skills and the ability to make informed & fast decisions related to software tools.
- Ability to engage in technical discussions with software vendors and make technology decisions whilst also being able to engage with the business
- Outstanding written and verbal communication, as well as interpersonal skills
- High-energy level, self-starter
- Excellent documentation & process writing skills
- Excellent analytical skills and problem-solving ability.
LaSalle is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from all sections of the community