Analyst, Portfolio Management
Job Title: Analyst, Portfolio Management
Location: UK, London
Department: Debt & Special Situations
Employment Type: Full Time
To Apply: Please email a covering letter and your CV (stating the position you are applying for) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is with LaSalle Investment Management’s Debt Investment and Special Situations team (the “Team”), a specialist business which invests fund capital into structured real estate debt and special situations investments across Europe. The team was set up in 2010 and has become one the largest providers of alternative finance on commercial real estate in Europe, having invested over £2.2bn in 55 transactions across 9 funds or strategies to date. The Team successfully raised over £1.0bn of new capital in 2017 on behalf of two funds: LREDS III (LaSalle Real Estate Debt Strategies III), a £800m debt investments fund focused on mezzanine and whole loan investments across asset classes and LRF III (LaSalle Residential Finance Fund), a £260m fund focused on providing whole loan development finance on residential, hotel student housing, and healthcare schemes. The Team is actively exploring new opportunities and investment strategies that complement the platform’s existing investment vehicles.
Role and Accountabilities:
This role will specifically work within the Portfolio Management (“PM”) Team, which consists of four individuals that look across all the Team’s investments.
Portfolio Management function:
- Analysing & forecasting the Team’s performance on funds/investment mandates and completed deals;
- Running deal/portfolio level analysis; building performance scenarios, assessing risk allocation and portfolio diversification;
- Monitoring asset’s performance which includes but not limited to monitoring business plan progress, loan consents, and underlying asset performance;
- Communicating with the fund manager, investors, borrowers and various other stakeholders internally and externally which includes preparing all investor communication (incl. Quarterly reports) and organising investor conferences and calls;
- Preparing asset models and Investment Committee memos for loan restructures and workouts; and
- Working with fund manager and client capital to develop future fund strategies and fundraising efforts.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- 1-3 years of experience, this person will be at a level of second year Analyst equivalent in banking terms.
- Must have knowledge & experience in analysing and modelling complex deals and financial structures.
- Must be proficient in financial modelling in Excel.
- Familiarity with more complex capital structures, including the ability to analyse financial statements would be beneficial.
- Strong attention to detail and analytical rigor is key to the role.
- Good understanding and an interest in real estate investments and knowledge of debt investments would be advantageous.
- A team player with excellent communication skills, strong work ethic and positive attitude.
- European languages an advantage although not a must.
- Energetic and self-motivated, with an ability to work independently and show initiative.
LaSalle is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from all sections of the community