Analyst, Investor Relations
Investor Relations (“IR”) is the team responsible within LaSalle for all client relationship, capital raising, new product development and marketing activities to clients and prospects globally. The team consists of over 40 professionals located in 12 offices worldwide. LaSalle has over 500 institutional clients globally, invested in both private real estate as well as public securities investment programs.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to join a global team and have exposure to a global and diverse real estate product offering, including equity, debt and public REITs and work closely with a number of senior professionals within IR, as well as in the fund management and research & strategy teams. This role will be based in Chicago to support the North America IR team in the marketing of LaSalle funds, the development of new business and products in North America, together with providing information and support to existing and prospect institutional clients and other parts of the business.
Role and Key Accountabilities:
- Creation and update of marketing documentation (introductory fliers, investor pitchbooks) and presentations used to promote LaSalle’s business and funds to existing and prospective clients based in North America.
- Write and coordinate RFPs (Request for Proposals) and RFIs (Request for Information) responses, working closely with the responsible fund team, the client relationship manager and other members of IR.
- Support the IR team in addressing clients’ requests and in promoting new products.
- Track and analyze capital raise efforts on existing and proposed funds, new initiatives and potential clients.
- Complete and submit industry surveys.
- Maintain marketing information systems e.g. new business tracking, slide library, RFP library etc.
- Link with IR analysts in our other offices regarding best practices, information processes, etc.
- Completion of minutes for fund products, new business and general IR team related conference calls.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with financial background ideally with at least one- two years’ work experience.
- Real estate background or strong interest preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to liaise with senior managers and manage their expectations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work to tight and competing deadlines under pressure.
- Project management skills with ability to gather and collate information efficiently from a variety of sources.
- Strong numerical, analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Desire to learn with ability to think critically and creatively
- Very high attention to detail and quality e.g. proofing content, punctuation, format, appearance, etc.
- Strong sense of team work and excellent organizational skills.
- Computer literate in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Participate in continuing on-the-job training to learn new – and enhance existing – skills.
- Enthusiasm and willingness to work hard.