Analyst, Debt Investments & Special Situations (London)
Company: LaSalle Investment Management
Job Title: Analyst, Debt Investments & Special Situations
Department: Debt & Special Situations
Experience Required : 0-2/3 years of experience, this person will be at a level of first/second year Analyst equivalent in banking terms.
This position is part of LaSalle Investment Management’s Debt Investment and Special Situations platform (the “Platform”), which invests fund capital into structured real estate debt and special situations investments across Europe. The platform has four main investment focuses: Whole Loans, Mezzanine Loans, Development Finance and Special Situations. The team was set up in 2010 and has become one the largest providers of alternative finance in commercial real estate in Europe, having invested over £2.4bn over 59 transactions across 9 funds or strategies to date. Since 2017, the Platform has raised over £1.7bn of new capital including:
- £800m+ for LREDS III (LaSalle Real Estate Debt Strategies III), a fund focused on mezzanine and whole loan investments across asset classes;
- £300m+ for LRF (LaSalle Residential Finance Fund), a fund focused on providing whole loan development finance on residential, hotel student housing, and healthcare schemes; and
- £500m+ for whole loans investments.
The Platform is sourcing deals across all four main investment areas and is also exploring new opportunities and investment strategies that complement the Platform’s existing investment vehicles.
Role and Accountabilities:
Evaluating potential investment opportunities throughout Europe. The role is responsible for analysing complex structured investment opportunities and supporting team members on all aspects of the investment process. The candidate will support team members in providing financial modelling, interacting with external advisors, performing detailed due diligence and preparing investment committee memorandums
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- 0-2/3 years of experience, this person will be at a level of first/second year Analyst equivalent in banking terms.
- Must be proficient in financial modelling in Excel.
- Must have knowledge in analysing and modelling complex deals and capital structures. The ability to analyse financial statements would be beneficial.
- Strong attention to detail and analytical rigor is key to the role.
- Good understanding and an interest in real estate investments and knowledge of debt investments would be advantageous.
- A team player with excellent communication skills, strong work ethic and positive attitude.
- European languages (German in particular) an advantage although not a must.
LaSalle is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from all sections of the community.