Asset Management Compliance Specialist
Purpose and Scope:
To ensure property level operational quality control within the asset management group, assist property teams and LaSalle Center of Excellence (“CoE”) Team (asset managers, portfolio associates, and asset analysts), and assist portfolio managers as needed.
The ACS will be aligned by Investment Vehicles/Clients and handle all of the compliance related responsibilities associated with that portfolio of assets.
The compliance duties include, but are not limited to:
- Learning an in-depth knowledge of each Client’s investment management agreement and/or Fund documents to ensure LaSalle’s compliance
- Ensuring property level operational quality control from both the asset management and property teams
- Responding to internal and external inquiries as appropriate
- Advising CoE Team on any client specific requirements as it relates to asset operating activity
- Onboarding assets/new managers and managing compliance by the property teams
- Managing the lease approval process through VTS, by ensuring all required documents are received, compliant, executed timely, and uploaded to property level files
- Coordinating and controlling the vendor contract process working with legal, risk management and property teams
- Overseeing risk management, including insurance and incident reporting with property teams
- Managing the capital approval and disbursement process through Honest Buildings
- Document Management throughout the asset’s life cyle
- Maintaining data integrity
- Assisting with due diligence related to lenders, appraisals, buyers and sellers.
An ACS requires a working knowledge around transactions and transaction flow action steps. They are trained in skills required to properly execute operational guidelines and various risk management related issues including:
- Vendor contract management
- Risk Management (various insurance related matters)
- Lease approval via VTS
- Honest Buildings (“HB”)
- Debt compliance
- Acquisition onboarding and Disposition execution
ACSs are on the front line of ensuring LaSalle meets the “duty of care” our clients expect from advisors managing their real estate and complies with internal controls required by various internal stakeholders. Examples of the ACS activities include:
- Policies and Procedures: Educate and introduce property management teams on LaSalle Property Management Operational Guidelines
- Manage capital approvals through HB for all capital projects (which can include review of vendors’ bids, certificate of insurance, comparison to budget), approve and obtain asset manager’s approval in order to provide property manager’s approval to begin projects
- Manage capital disbursements (ensure all necessary items included) and approve in HB for capital projects lease commissions, and tenant improvements
- Insurance: including reviewing certificates of insurance (COI) and insurance exception letters. Assist risk management with the completion of data sheets for all new properties and renewals.
- Managing lease approval process through VTS and verifying accurate information is uploaded in Yardi
- Facility Audit Control: Establish and maintain a property level audit system to ensure that site personnel are operating within established procedures
- File Maintenance – Maintain property level electronic files including leases, closing documents, environmental and engineering reports, loan documents and other property documents as required on an ongoing basis
LaSalle Investment Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer.