Objective of Role:
LaSalle Investment Management is currently seeking an Accounting Assistant. This individual will serve in a supporting role to assist with defined tasks involving data entry, basic-level accounting / bookkeeping and transaction processing for a number of real estate investment portfolios. This individual will report to the Senior Portfolio Accountant and/or Assistant Portfolio Controller.
- Assist accounting team with data entry, transaction processing and financial reporting, including:
- Track cash activity and reconcile cash accounts using the Yardi accounting system.
- Basic entity setups in Yardi accounting system.
- Coordinate with property management accountants to process cash distributions.
- Compile and send wire transfer requests to cash management team using appropriate system.
- Record journal entries in general ledger.
- Complete property reviews for stabilized properties
- Enter general ledger data to depreciation system, performance measurement system and other ancillary systems.
- Assemble and distribute financial reports including monthly and quarterly investor reports, documentation for independent auditors, supporting schedules and reports from general ledger and ancillary systems
- Manage processing of disbursements for several accounting teams
- Enter invoices into accounts payable system.
- Coordinate payment approvals.
- Process checks and obtain second signatures as necessary.
- Complete related record-keeping.
- Provide miscellaneous clerical support, including:
- Send fax, Fed Ex, USPS packages
- Convert documents to PDF format.
- Reserve conference rooms and make other arrangements for business meetings
- Process documents for signature
- Coordinate record keeping for group continuing education credits
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in a bookkeeping / accounting support role.
- Significant college-level coursework in accounting / bookkeeping.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment supporting multiple managers
- Ability to think creatively and to solve problems
- Extremely organized with ability to manage multiple tasks
- Detail oriented with high level of accuracy in output
- Strong knowledge of bookkeeping concepts
- Strongly proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience using Yardi is a plus