Company: LaSalle Investment Management
Job Title: Research Analyst
Location: Chicago, IL
Department: Research & Strategy
Reporting to: Director, Research & Strategy
Employment Type: Full-Time
REQ #: REQ25156
LaSalle Investment Management is currently seeking a full-time Research Analyst to join the Research & Strategy team in Chicago starting Summer 2019. This person will contribute to the Research & Strategy team by examining, communicating, and forecasting real estate market conditions, urban change, and regional economic data from across the US. S/he will contribute to topical presentations, prepare written investment recommendations to communicate investment strategy, and help develop new predictive analytics tools. A demonstrated interest in urban planning, urban development, land economics, or real estate is desired, and knowledge of economics and statistical analysis is desired. This role requires a candidate who is creative, organized, has strong writing skills, and skilled in quantitative analysis,
- Gather, analyze, and interpret macro-economic data, city and metro economic and transportation data, financial time series, and property market data.
- Forecast real estate supply, demand, and rent trends across major property types (office, industrial, apartments, retail) in individual metro areas, cities, and submarkets.
- Prepare detailed market analyses for potential acquisitions, covering real estate supply, demand and rent growth, a property’s positioning relative to competitors, and local economic trends.
- Develop and maintain charts summarizing economic and real estate data and forecasts for regularly updated publications.
- Test real estate investment hypotheses using market and geolocated data.
- Identify trends in financial, property market, and asset-level datasets and build predictive data analytics tools.
- Support the development and dissemination of investment strategies by contributing to special US and global research projects and white papers, such as LaSalle’s Investment Strategy Annual (ISA)
- Specific responsibilities will be commensurate with experience.
- Bachelor's degree from a leading school in Economics, Urban Planning, Geography, Real Estate or other relevant social science.
- Excellent writing, analytical, Excel, and PowerPoint skills. Familiarity with GIS and statistical packages such as ‘R’ is a plus, but not required.
- Knowledge of economics, finance, and statistics. Urban planning and real estate knowledge is a positive.
LaSalle Investment Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer.