Senior Asset Manager
Job Title: Senior Asset Manager
Location: UK, London
Department: Asset Management
Employment Type: Full Time
To Apply: Please email a covering letter and your CV (stating the position you are applying for) to: email@example.com
The retail asset management team is responsible for over 260 retail assets totaling £4.5 billion under management in the UK. The team of 15 asset managers are responsible for identifying and implementing asset management initiatives to maximise asset and fund performance.
Role and Accountabilities:
The successful candidate will be responsible for identifying and undertaking asset management initiatives on allocated properties across various Funds.
- Able to present and act as an Ambassador for LaSalle,
- Ability to manage, grow and lead team members,
- Proven desire to grow role and take on responsibility,
Identifying and implementing value added opportunities to drive asset management, performance and property returns performance across portfolios including:
- Lettings, renewals, re-gears, rent reviews, lease surrenders & dilapidations.
- Extensions and change of use
- Minimising irrecoverable/void costs
- Tenant retention
- Progressing direct relationships with occupiers
- Establishing/maintaining local, regional & national relationships
- Repositioning assets
Overseeing property management by outsourced service providers and ensuring accountability and performance through regular management meetings and quarterly performance reviews with reference to agreed KPI’s to include tracking and monitoring of rent collection, arrears and data-base records.
Prepare for and present (where appropriate) property details regularly to Fund Manager/ Client.
Instructing and overseeing letting agents (co-ordination of leasing teams, marketing actions and lease negotiations), rent review surveyors and other external consultants
Monitoring of development/refurbishment projects. Where appropriate appointing and instructing development managers and project managers.
Review potential acquisitions with Fund team assist in preparing all recommendations and investment committee notifications to facilitate major transactions, including:
- The provision of specialist advice on potential acquisitions.
- Undertaking necessary property and tenant audit
- Responsible for all leasing and asset management assumptions in cash flow appraisals to support transactions
- Production of property performance projections and asset specific business plans
- Jointly present with Fund team recommendations to investment committee
Undertake due diligence on purchases as required and responsible for conducting disposals.
Assisting in delivery of client quarterly reports
Preparation (with the input of fund analyst where appropriate) and implementation of annual individual asset business plan and projections including:
- Lease income, expiries and lease events
- Anticipated capital expenditure and revenue expenditure over next 5 years
- Irrecoverable/void costs
- Risks and opportunities e.g. redevelopment, change of use, significant voids and potential tenant failure
- Economic viability
- Recommendation on hold/sell.
- Support Fund Teams in providing all property details to the external Valuer’s and checking of valuations.
- Monitor and manage property NOI statements.
- Deliver asset management initiatives in line with house sustainability policies.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- BA or BS degree with strong record of academic achievement.
- Experienced surveyor with a well-rounded understanding of property fundamentals (property management, leasing and development).
- Keen interest in property and the changing dynamics in each sector.
- Proven track record in property asset management.
- Experience in the acquisition and disposal of investment property and support of the due diligence process.
- Demonstrable skill in identifying opportunities to add value.
- Ability to source assets for acquisition in line with client objectives.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to understand key performance drivers and numeracy skills.
- Adaptable team player with the ability to operate autonomously when needed in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to present to clients in both a verbal and written format.
LaSalle is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from all sections of the community