Summer 2017 - Research Intern
To be considered, please click the link below to apply online. All resumes MUST BE submitted via our website.
Objective of Role:
LaSalle Investment Management is seeking a Research Intern to join the Research & Strategy team in Chicago for the summer of 2017. The intern will take ownership of a special project involving collecting and analyzing data for the purpose of making real estate investment strategy recommendations. The position provides an opportunity to learn about the operations of a leading real estate investment manager, make industry connections, and undertake a meaningful data project to inform strategy recommendations. The intern will be able to participate in a week of strategic planning sessions with US and international colleagues. The ideal candidate has a demonstrated interest in real estate, economics, or urban planning and enjoys working with large datasets. Basic knowledge of economics, finance, and statistics is required as well as proficiency with Microsoft Office (especially Excel and PowerPoint). The intern can expect to work both independently and in cooperation with Research & Strategy team members.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Achieved or seeking a Bachelor's degree from top school. Economics, Geography, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics and similar majors preferred;
- Basic knowledge of economics, econometrics, financial economics and statistics required;
- Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Excel required;
- Superior analytical skills and strong attention to detail a must; and
- GIS and/or R familiarity a plus, but not required.
LaSalle Investment Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer.