Senior Portfolio Accountant
To be considered, please click the link below to apply online. All resumes MUST BE submitted via our website.
Objective of Role:
LaSalle Investment Management is currently seeking a Senior Portfolio Accountant. This individual will serve in a lead role to help manage a significant portion of the accounting and reporting process for one or more real estate investment portfolios utilizing Fair Value GAAP and potentially IFRS. This individual will report to the Portfolio Controller.
- Take a lead role in monthly, quarterly and annual accounting closes;
- Review property management financial statements;
- Prepare and post journal entries;
- Quarterly financial analysis, including review of investment accounting information;
- Coordinate with cash management group to execute cash transactions (capital calls, investor distributions, property purchases and sales);
- Coordinate quarterly and annual reporting requirements, as well as year-end audit and tax requirements;
- Calculate, analyze and report performance returns;
- Respond to client inquires;
- Create efficiency in and effectiveness of the financial reporting process as well as improve client services;
- Take initiative in identifying problems and providing suggested solutions;
- Take the lead on special projects as assigned.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum of 4 to 6 years of accounting experience;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting;
- CPA designation is strongly preferred - Candidate will be expected to achieve CPA in order to qualify for future progression;
- Motivated self-starter with excellent communication and inter-personal skills;
- Ability to think creatively and to take the lead in solving problems;
- Extremely organized multi-tasker with great attention to detail;
- Team player who works well independently as well as with others;
- Ability to work effectively with off-site managers and clients;
- Strong sense of accountability for quality of own work and the work of the team;
- Strong knowledge of technical accounting concepts;
- Must be willing to work extra hours, whether early or late, when necessary;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (especially Excel) and experience with general ledger systems.
LaSalle Investment Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer.