Senior Investment Performance Analyst
Objective of Role:
The Senior Investment Performance Analyst will work within the Investment Management Accounting Group, as a senior member of the Performance Measurement team, and be responsible for managing a variety of performance measurement and reporting activities. This includes hands-on compilation and analysis of key performance metrics, development of performance measurement methodology, data management and governance, and guidance and direction of the Performance Analyst to ensure timely and accurate reporting of property level, fund level, and LaSalle composite performance data to a variety of constituents. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in real estate performance and attribution as well as excellent technical, analytical and communication skills.
- Provide hands-on leadership in calculating, interpreting and compiling quarterly performance measurement reporting as well as managing the process of compiling data for new business presentations and ad-hoc requests.
- Present performance information to senior management and new business prospects.
- Consistently demonstrate a solid understanding of the mechanics and underlying theory of performance formulas as prescribed by NCREIF/PREA Reporting Standards for time weighted returns as well as fair value accounting concepts.
- Review performance inputs from accounting team to ensure accuracy. Provide guidance and training to accounting team on performance measurement methods and concepts.
- Manage the process for compiling and submitting performance data to NCREIF and IPD indices as well as various consultant databases.
- Serve as expert user of performance related information systems. Manage system conversions from the user perspective.
- Actively contribute to the development of LaSalle and industry-wide performance measurement methods.
- Develop and maintain necessary process documentation.
- Participate in other projects as requested.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (Masters preferred) in Accounting, Finance, Mathematics or related field
- Five to eight years performance measurement related experience
- Thorough knowledge of U.S. fair value GAAP, NCREIF/PREA Reporting Standards and GIPS
- Fundamental understanding of the real estate investment management business
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, databases, queries, reports and charts including creating and maintaining complex spreadsheets
- Demonstrated high commitment to meeting deadlines and exceeding expectations
- Strong quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Well organized, flexible, able to work independently and in a team environment
- Concern for quality expressed by continually initiating system and process improvements
- Proficiency in MS Access and Yardi IM a plus
LaSalle Investment Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer