Senior Global Portfolio Accountant
To Apply: To be considered, please click the link below to apply online or copy & paste the URL noted below into your browser. All resumes MUST BE submitted via our web site. Please reference Auto Req ID
Objective of Role:
LaSalle Securities is currently seeking a Senior Global Portfolio Accountant to join our Portfolio Accounting team in Baltimore. The Portfolio Accounting team is responsible for the accounting, administration and reporting functions for global real estate securities accounts.
This individual will be responsible for the accounting and reporting functions of their assigned accounts in addition to reviewing the work of other assigned team members.
- Responsible for daily and monthly work of assigned team members
- Review client reporting and presentations
- Review ad-hoc requests from both internal and external parties
- Complete monthly and quarterly reporting for all assigned accounts
- Annual review and update of group procedures
- Assist as required with internal and external audit requests
- Become proficient on complex processing in the accounting system including trouble shooting issues as they arise
- Train and facilitate the development of assigned team members including the training of new hires
- For fund startups and custody conversions, act as liaison with other areas of the firm for overall process. Take ownership for all aspects of setup from operational perspective.
- Take lead on researching operational requirements for potential new markets, including opening of accounts at custodians.
- Cultivate relationships with 3rd party custodians and fund administrators.
- BA/BS degree with minimum of 5-7 years of experience
- Back office securities investment operations and mutual fund accounting experience
- Candidate must have excellent Microsoft Excel skills and a proven ability to learn new operations and technology quickly
- Must exhibit problem solving, decision-making and analytical skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must demonstrate flexibility and the ability to work as a member of a team
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Knowledge of global REIT securities and Eagle Investment Systems software is a plus.