Job Title: Associate Acquisitions
Location: France, Paris
Employment Type: Full Time
To Apply: Please email a covering letter and your CV (stating the position you are applying for) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The successful candidate will work as part of an experienced team. The role is very diverse and offers opportunity for responsibility and career progression. The person should be enthusiastic and eager to learn.
Role and Accountabilities:
This role will assist the Paris team in evaluating, structuring and closing real estate transactions. The successful candidate will participate in the due diligence process and contribute to the analysis of value enhancement opportunities for our existing and future portfolios.
- Responsibilities will focus on acquiring properties mainly located in France
- Developing pro forma financials on both a pre-tax and after-tax basis
- Gathering and evaluating economic, demographic and real estate market data
- Assisting in the preparation of presentations, offering memoranda and financial reports for clients of the firm
- Reviewing legal documents and other materials as part of the due diligence process or as part of on-going property oversight
- Reviewing proposed acquisitions and sales to ensure defined criteria is met
- Ensuring pricing is appropriate within the context of the prevailing market
- Active and efficient dialogue with Fund Managers about the required investment products (desired sector / geographic weightings, income profile etc.)
- Inspecting and evaluating each transaction to determine what impact the decision will have on performance and mandate parameters (in cooperation with Fund Manager)
- Collaborate with Research teams to ensure “target markets” are considered when evaluating potential locations and themes for new investments
- Continually monitor conditions within local markets in order to have a framework from which to evaluate new investments
- Liaise with relevant colleagues (legal, tax, finance and financing team) as well as coordinating external service providers in that respect.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Proven experience and expertise in real estate market(s) and acquisitions
- Ability to successfully and efficiently close deals; whilst discarding deals that do not meet investor criteria
- Ability to build strong internal and external networks
- Understanding of the complex investment fundamentals of each individual transaction and the underlying sectors/assets.
- Ability to work both independently across internal international teams (Fund Management, Asset Management) in a reactive and accountable manner and demonstrate initiative.
- Strong analytical ability and attention to detail.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent PC skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Argus).
- University degree with a strong academic record and a minimum of 3-5 year experience preferably in a finance related sector or in Real Estate Company.
- Fluent in English & French (spoken & written)
- Valuation Experience is desirable.
LaSalle is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from all sections of the community