To be considered, please click the link below to apply online. All resumes MUST BE submitted via our website.
Objective of Role:
LaSalle Investment Management is currently seeking a Senior Analyst to join its Acquisitions Group in the firm’s Chicago headquarters to assist in the evaluation of a wide variety of commercial real estate investments. The position will provide exposure to all property types and varied risk profiles (core, value-add and opportunistic) and geographic regions across the United States. The group offers a fast-paced work environment, with responsibilities varying by day and client. The Senior Analyst will provide assistance on a wide range of functions from initial underwriting to closing transactions with a primary focus on Argus and Excel-based analysis of real estate acquisitions and reviewing due diligence materials on active investments. In addition, the Senior Analyst will be responsible for training and facilitating the development of the acquisition analysts. This position is available due to the significant and continued growth in LaSalle’s commingled funds and separate account mandates, providing attractive long-term career opportunities.
- Work directly with senior acquisition officers to evaluate and underwrite potential core, value-add, and opportunistic real estate acquisitions on behalf of the firm’s comingled funds and separate account clients.
- Perform complex financial analyses, including the development of cash flow projections, operating pro formas, and valuation models utilizing Argus and Excel.
- Assist with managing the due diligence process, including the review and analysis of leases, operating information, legal documentation, and other investment-related information as well as touring assets and participating in tenant interviews.
- Review and analyze investment offering materials, and gather and evaluate economic and market data.
- Assist with the preparation of investment memoranda to be presented to the firm’s Investment Committee and clients.
- Train and facilitate the development of the acquisitions analysts.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum 2-3 years of work experience in commercial real estate acquisitions, asset management and/or investment sales;
- Experience across multiple product types (office, multifamily, industrial, retail) is preferred;
- Undergraduate degree with a strong record of academic achievement. GPA of 3.3+ to be considered
- Advanced proficiency in Argus and Excel modeling is required, and experience modeling joint ventures with distribution waterfalls is preferred;
- Strong financial and analytical ability with solid organizational skills, ability to multi-task, and attention to detail.
- Highly-developed verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Strong work ethic, integrity, and drive are essential candidate qualities.
- Candidate must also possess solid leadership capabilities, an enthusiastic attitude, and a confident personality.
- Candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.
LaSalle Investment Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer.