To Apply: To be considered, please click the link below to apply online or copy & paste the URL noted below into your browser. All resumes MUST BE submitted via our web site. Please reference Job ID: 42059BR.
LaSalle Investment Management (“LaSalle”) is a global real estate investment manager with over $58.3 billion of private and public real estate assets under management and nearly 700 people in 17 countries worldwide. Our diverse client base includes public and private pension funds, insurance companies, governments, endowments and private individuals from across the globe. LaSalle’s investment products include separate accounts, open and closed-end funds, public securities, and mutual funds. As a wholly-owned member of the Jones Lang LaSalle group, LaSalle's investment teams also draw on the intelligence and resources of our parent company, giving us unique access to market opportunities and key industry leaders.
LaSalle Investment Management is seeking a Research Associate with real estate research or real estate investment experience to join the US Research & Strategy team. This person will have the experience, knowledge and drive to contribute to the strategic vision and investment performance of an industry-leading real estate investment management firm and strategy team.
This position involves research into economic, capital market, and property market trends in support of the firm’s investment strategies. In this role you will: Prepare market forecasts and present findings to portfolio managers, client teams and the Investment Committee.
- Prepare market forecasts and present findings to portfolio managers, client teams and the Investment Committee
- Participate in evaluation of acquisition, and disposition decisions.
- Analyze national, regional and metropolitan economies particularly in terms of their impact on commercial investments and the LaSalle investment portfolio.
- Develop investment strategies based on trends relating to major property types,
- Develop and present analysis making the case for real estate as an asset class to investors.
- Develop and present real estate investment strategies to current and potential clients.
- Collaborate with global members of the Research and Strategy team on special projects related to real estate investment
- Contribute to LaSalle publications, including the global Investment Strategy Annual, regular market commentaries, and special topic white papers.
The ideal candidate will have 3-7 years of experience in real estate, ideally in real estate research or a research-related role in real estate investment management. A Bachelor’s degree is required. A Master’s degree in business, economics, urban planning, or related field is desired, but not required. Other skills required:
- Strong working knowledge of economics, finance, and statistics
- Demonstrated understanding of real estate markets and real estate investments.
- Outstanding writing, analytical, and computer skills (especially Excel and PowerPoint).
- Broad experience with data analysis and intellectual curiosity.
- Excellent presentation, communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues throughout the organization.
The position is located in Chicago. Title and responsibilities will be commensurate with experience.