Research Analyst – Data Science
Job Title: Research Analyst – Data Science
Location: UK, London
Department: Research & Strategy
Employment Type: Full Time
To Apply: Please email a covering letter and your CV (stating the position you are applying for) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The European Research & Strategy Team’s broad responsibilities include real estate market analysis and forecasting, formulation of investment strategies, client reporting and internal/external enquiry response. The newly-formed Analytics Group is part of the Research & Strategy Team and is responsible for the team’s macro-economic and portfolio modelling & forecasting, microlocation-based analysis and predictive analytics, and data management. Bespoke projects and thought-leadership are also an important part of the role. The team is part of a wider Global team, and contributes to projects with our colleagues in North America and Asia Pacific. Key interaction points outside the team, other than Research & Strategy colleagues globally, include the fund management and asset management teams, as well as the Client Capital Group and business leaders.
Role and Accountabilities:
The Analytics Group is looking for its Data Science-focused Research Analyst. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be instrumental in driving change in a small team seeking to be at the technological forefront of real estate investment management. Data extraction, management and preparation are all central to this, and so embracing a very modern approach to data manipulation, the successful candidate will be adept at innovating through technology. The role offers both a great deal of creative latitude, and direct input into the investment process. The primary duties and responsibilities are:
- Collaborate with our Data Strategist and the European Research & Strategy teams on designing, building, and maintaining datasets and data models.
- Create systems for data acquisition and cleaning.
- Design and implement data processing pipelines.
- Develop new tools for managing and analysing spatial data.
- Collaborate with other members of the global research and strategy team to define data requirements and data opportunities.
- Discover, analyse and work with as-yet untapped data sources (census, open data, commercial vendors) and data providers.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- 1 to 3 years’ experience in a data analytics-focused role.
- Undergraduate or Postgraduate degree in computer science, mathematics, statistics, operations research, GIS, engineering, physics, or another highly quantitative discipline.
- Programming proficiency, including experience with a general-purpose programming language such as Python or specific statistical software such as R or MATLAB.
- Familiarity with SQL scripting or other database architecture.
- Ability to demonstrate an exceptionally high level of organization and attention to detail.
- Passionate problem solver and motivated self-starter, with the ability to analyse situation and recommend sound solutions and implementation strategies.
Desirable Qualifications & Experience:
- Data visualization experience.
- Database structure principles.
- Knowledge of statistical analysis techniques.
- Experience in GIS and spatial analysis.
- Experience working with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Intuition for data science best practices, stemming from proven experience.
- Previous experience within economics/ finance/ investment / real estate preferred but not essential.
LaSalle is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from all sections of the community