Real Estate Sustainability Analyst
To be considered, please click the link below to apply online. All resumes MUST BE submitted via our website.
Objective of Role:
LaSalle Investment Management is seeking a Real Estate Sustainability Analyst to join the firm’s Head of Sustainability in the Chicago office. The analyst will work with the firm’s Head of Sustainability in his day-to-day and long-term responsibilities, including support of the Global Sustainability Committee and Americas Sustainability Taskforce, annual reporting requirements (i.e. GRESB, UN PRI), preparing presentations, participating in research initiatives, and developing sustainability resources for the firm’s direct real estate investments. The analyst will take ownership of the firm’s environmental management system (EMS) and benchmarking program to ensure that LaSalle US & Canada assets are benchmarking environmental performance. The analyst will be responsible for working with the Asset and Property Management teams at each asset to build and maintain accounts in ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager and LaSalle’s in-house EMS software, as well as evaluate lease language and provide analytical support for asset-level sustainability initiatives (i.e. LEED, retrofit projects). In addition, the analyst will be involved in supporting the Asset and Portfolio Management teams on special projects such as related technology vetting, industry trend updates, researching programs (such as energy purchasing, bulk contracts, etc.) and analysis of portfolio data.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- 1-3 years’ experience in Real Estate sustainability or energy efficiency
- BA/BS degree in environmental science, real estate, finance, accounting, business, engineering or related field with strong record of academic achievement
- Highly skilled in modeling in Excel and enjoys working with large datasets
- Strong financial and analytical ability with solid organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Highly-developed verbal and written communication skills; skilled in PowerPoint
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proactive thinking with detail-oriented and creative problem solving approach
- Candidate must be authorized to work in the United States for a minimum of 3 years
LaSalle Investment Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer.