To Apply: To be considered, please click the link below to apply online or copy and paste the URL noted below into your browser. All resumes MUST BE submitted via our web site. Please reference Auto Req ID: 43288BR.
Objective of Role:
LaSalle Investment Management is currently seeking a Portfolio Accountant. This individual will serve in a supporting role to help manage a significant portion of the accounting and reporting process for a real estate investment portfolio utilizing FMV GAAP. This individual will report to the Portfolio Controller.
- Assist in the monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting closes
- Accurately calculate, interpret, and communicate financial performance returns
- Complete monthly financial analysis, review monthly financial statements provided by property managers, may include the review of property accounting information prepared by joint venture partners
- Accurately complete cash management transactions (e.g. client capital calls and distributions) and cash tracking
- Assist with monthly, quarterly and annual reporting requirements, as well as yearend audit and tax requirements
- Create efficiency in and effectiveness of the financial reporting process as well as improve client services
- Take initiative in identifying problems and providing suggested solutions
- Assist with various special projects as assigned.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum of 1-3 years of accounting experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- CPA designation is preferred. Candidate will be expected to achieve CPA in order to qualify for future progression
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to think creatively and independently develop solutions to problems
- Effectiveness is reviewing own work to achieve high levels of accuracy
- Extremely organized multi-tasker
- Team player who works well both independently and in a team environment
- Strong knowledge of technical accounting concepts
- Strongly proficient in Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel.