To be considered, please click the link below to apply online. All resumes MUST BE submitted via our website.
Objective of Role:
LaSalle Investment Management is currently seeking a Portfolio Accountant. This individual will serve in a supporting role to help manage a significant portion of the accounting and reporting process for a real estate investment portfolio utilizing FMV GAAP. This individual will report to the Portfolio Controller.
- Assist in the monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting closes
- Accurately calculate, interpret, and communicate financial performance returns
- Complete monthly financial analysis, review monthly financial statements provided by property managers, may include the review of property accounting information prepared by joint venture partners
- Accurately complete cash management transactions (e.g. client capital calls and distributions) and cash tracking
- Assist with monthly, quarterly and annual reporting requirements, as well as yearend audit and tax requirements
- Create efficiency in and effectiveness of the financial reporting process as well as improve client services
- Take initiative in identifying problems and providing suggested solutions
- Assist with various special projects as assigned.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum of 1-3 years of accounting experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- CPA designation is preferred. Candidate will be expected to achieve CPA in order to qualify for future progression
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to think creatively and independently develop solutions to problems
- Effectiveness is reviewing own work to achieve high levels of accuracy
- Extremely organized multi-tasker
- Team player who works well both independently and in a team environment
- Strong knowledge of technical accounting concepts
- Strongly proficient in Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel.
LaSalle Investment Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer.