Performance & Data Analyst
Job Title: Performance & Data Analyst
Location: UK, London
Department: Performance & Data Analysis
Employment Type: Full Time
To Apply: Please email a covering letter and your CV (stating the position you are applying for) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The European Performance & Data Analysis group is a new function with the objective of ensuring consistency, oversight and downstream analytics and insight. This group will bring with it oversight and ownership of performance measurement and the analysis of LaSalle data in Europe. The group will keep LaSalle at the forefront and leverage developments in the wider industry. The group will have oversight of the performance measurement process and own the analysis of performance interrogating and attributing performance based on other data sources. The group will represent the European region as part of the integrated network of regional performance measurement specialists in doing so being responsible for the update and analysis of data in a new performance measurement system. The new function will help to prototype tools/solutions in the search for patterns in data to aid investment performance. The European Performance & Data Analysis group will be responsible for improving the business’ insight and bring clarity to our performance measurement activities.
Role and Accountabilities:
The Performance & Data Analytics Group requires a Data Science-focused Analyst. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be instrumental in driving change in a small team seeking to be at the technological forefront of real estate investment management. Data extraction, management and preparation are all central to this, and so embracing a very modern approach to data manipulation, the successful candidate will be adept at innovating through technology. The role offers both a great deal of creative latitude, and direct input into the investment process. The primary duties and responsibilities are:
- Develop new tools for managing and analysing data. Including managing and processing large volumes of historical data.
- Create systems for data acquisition, processing and cleansing. In so doing standardising information flow from, and between, teams.
- Develop tools for the effective transmission of data to and from third party partners
- Provide the business with intelligent insight to its activities
- Provide innovative data-substantiated insights into drivers of performance
- Be switched on to developments in data science techniques and influence change
- Collaborate with Business Technology Systems group and Accounting & Finance to define data requirements and identify issues and accuracy of data
- Collaborate with the European Research & Strategy Predictive Analytics group on designing, building, and maintaining datasets and data models.
The candidate should be numerate and analytical. A committed problem solver and motivated self-starter, with the ability to both assess a challenge, recommend sound solutions and implementation strategies. Prior full-time employment experience is essential. Ability to interact effectively with different stakeholders. Whilst knowledge of the real estate or wider investment industries would be beneficial it is not critical.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- 2 to 5 years’ experience in a data analytics-focused role.
- Undergraduate or Postgraduate degree in computer science, mathematics, statistics, operations research, GIS, engineering, physics, or another highly quantitative discipline.
- Programming proficiency, including experience with a general-purpose programming language such as Python or specific statistical software such as R.
- Data visualization experience.
- Familiarity with SQL scripting or other database architecture and structuring.
- Ability to demonstrate an exceptionally high level of organization and attention to detail.
Desirable Qualifications & Experience:
- Experience in GIS and spatial analysis.
- Knowledge of statistical analysis techniques.
- Intuition for data science best practices
- Experience working with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Experience working within a boutique environment and/or a demonstrable ability and willingness to work flexibly and across disciplines.
LaSalle is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from all sections of the community