Job Title: Paralegal
Department: Legal & Compliance
Employment Type: Full Time
To Apply: Please email a covering letter and your CV (stating the position you are applying for) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The wider Luxembourg office comprises approximately 14 staff. This new role will sit in the Luxembourg Legal and Compliance team, which consists of two qualified lawyers and a legal officer. The compliance and legal functions report to the European Head of Legal & Compliance in London. This role will report to the Chief Counsel – Luxembourg.
Role and Accountabilities
The Luxembourg legal team manages a number of operational, investment and legal matters on behalf of LaSalle sponsored funds and separate account clients. The Luxembourg office is closely integrated in to LaSalle’s European and global platform and plays an important role assisting with acquisition, financing, structuring, disposition and other matters. This is a busy and varied role well suited to a person with excellent organisations skills and the ability to meet demanding deadlines. The scope of the role is broken into two key areas:
1. Corporate Administration
- Transaction support: organize and attend board meetings, prepare corporate resolutions, log board minutes.
- Document execution: prepare documents for signature and maintain decision making audit trails.
- Regulatory filings: prepare annual accounts, legal documentation and company filings.
- Company secretarial: maintain minute books, statutory registers and prepare documentation in relation to certain corporate actions.
- KYC: assist LaSalle in meeting its “Know Your Client” obligations.
- General company administration: this will include updating company files, corporate record keeping; arranging notarizations and apostilles.
2. Global Entity Management System (GEMS)
GEMS is a legal entity database used to record details of companies owned or managed by LaSalle. GEMS is fundamental to the smooth operation and maintenance of client entities and needs to be periodically updated as entities are created, material corporate actions occur and entities are liquidated. The candidate will work closely with LaSalle’s European finance team in monitoring compliance with their obligations to keep this database current and assist with updating. This is expect to take approximately a third of the candidate’s time, and is considered a critical aspect of the role.
Responsibilities in respect of GEMS will include:
- Working closely with fund controllers in other European offices in order to add new entities to GEMS and update the information for existing entities
- Identifying and addressing gaps in the information held
- Reviewing and confirming the accuracy of the information on a 6 monthly basis
- Running recurring reports & ad hoc reports
Required Qualifications & Experience
- Strong language skills in English and French (spoken and written) and good command of German is an asset;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Team player with a strong desire to deliver quality services to both internal and external clients;
- Able work in an environment which necessitates responsiveness and flexibility in order to meet transaction deadlines;
- Highly organized and methodical;
- Pro-active, meticulous, reliable and accurate;
- Proficient in MS Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel);
- Strong experience with Luxembourg holding companies;
- Able to travel periodically to other LaSalle offices in Europe;
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar function;
- Legal background required.
LaSalle is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from all sections of the community