Job Title: Legal Counsel
Department: Legal & Compliance
Employment Type: Full Time
To Apply: Please email a covering letter and your CV (stating the position you are applying for) to: email@example.com
The wider Luxembourg office comprises approximately 14 staff and this is forecast to grow over the short term. This new role will sit in the Luxembourg Legal and Compliance team, which consists of two qualified lawyers plus a legal officer. The Compliance and Legal functions report to the European heads of Compliance and Legal in London. This role will report to the Chief Counsel – Luxembourg.
Role and Accountabilities
- Support the chief counsel in all the group’s legal and compliance projects;
- Manage the administration of a portfolio of real estate holding companies registered in Luxembourg;
- Handle requests and recommendations of the asset management and portfolio management teams or from the fund controllers (finance team) based in the firm’s European offices (mainly Munich, London and Paris);
- Work closely with the finance team in Luxembourg in order to properly document financial transactions;
- Arrange, attend and take minutes of board meetings or shareholder meetings – draft written board or shareholder resolutions (usually in English language);
- Prepare legal and corporate documents such as intercompany loans, articles of incorporation and preparation of general correspondence for the assigned portfolio companies (knowledge of hybrid loan instruments such as PECS, CPECS, YPECS is a strong asset);
- Liaise on a regular basis with all external advisors e.g. notaries, account banks and auditors.
Required Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum of master degree in law;
- Minimum of 3-5 years prior experience in reputable law firm;
- Strong language skills in English (spoken and written) good command of German and/or French is an asset;
- Ideally the candidate has an understanding of fund structuring issues and exposure to real estate investment management
- Strong communication skills;
- Candidate is strongly motivated and enjoys working under pressure; used to work independently and to deliver work results on very tight deadlines;
- Candidate is willing to travel;
- Candidate is prepared to act as director of SPVs.
LaSalle is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from all sections of the community