Junior Portfolio Management Analyst
Company: LaSalle Investment Management
Job Title: Junior Portfolio Management Analyst
Location: Baltimore, MD
Reporting to: National Director
Employment Type: Full-time
Auto Req ID: 51086BR
To be considered, please click the link below to apply online. All resumes MUST BE submitted via our website.
Objective of Role:
LaSalle Investment Management Securities (“LaSalle Securities”) is currently seeking a Junior Portfolio Management Analyst to join our Portfolio Management Analysis Team in Baltimore, MD. LaSalle Securities is a real estate securities investment manager with more than 30 years’ investment experience and professionals located in North America, Europe, and Asia. The firm has over $14 billion of assets under management in publicly traded real estate securities. LaSalle Securities is LaSalle’s specialist securities division and as such benefits from the resources of both LaSalle and Jones Lang LaSalle.
The Portfolio Management Analysis Team is responsible for providing front office support to Portfolio Managers and other Senior Management, implementing Portfolio Management decisions and interfacing with internal and external clients.
- Manage proprietary and vendor based target and order management systems;
- Act as liaison between Portfolio Managers and regional trading desks;
- Ensure accurate and timely implementation of Portfolio Management investment decisions;
- Implement and document changes to Regional, Asia Pacific and North America target portfolios;
- Manage cash positions for global and regional portfolios, liaising with Amsterdam team, regional trading desks and Portfolio Managers;
- Generate Foreign Exchange and Equity trades for global and regional portfolios and submit approved trades to regional trading desks;
- Continually monitor market conditions, performance, benchmarks, and rebalancing accounts to ensure accurate asset allocation;
- Adhere to IMA guidelines for all client portfolios as it relates to order management, reviewing pre and post trade compliance results and resolving all discrepancies and issues with the Portfolio Managers and Compliance team;
- Manage large data sets and research and resolve data issues.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, mathematics or related field;
- One to three years related experience;
- Understanding of the investment management business;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, heavy attention to detail a must;
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Previous experience with trade or execution order management systems;
- Strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to work independently and in a team, taking overall responsibility for individual projects and designated processes;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite and Bloomberg required.