Investment Performance Analyst
To Apply: To be considered, please click the link below to apply online or copy and paste the URL noted below into your browser. All resumes MUST BE submitted via our web site. Please reference Auto Req ID: 44304BR
Objective of Role:
This person will work within the Investment Management Accounting Group, as part of the Performance Measurement team and be responsible for a variety of performance measurement and reporting tasks. This includes supporting the team to ensure timely and accurate reporting of property level, fund level and LaSalle composite performance data to a variety of recipients. The ideal candidate will have excellent technical, analytical and communication skills.
- Support the Performance Measurement team in calculating, interpreting and compiling quarterly performance measurement reporting as well as aid in compiling data for new business presentations and ad-hoc requests
- Develop a solid understanding of both the mechanics and the underlying theory of performance formulas as prescribed by NCREIF/PREA Reporting Standards for time weighted returns as well as fair value accounting concepts
- Effectively analyze performance financial input items for quality control and communicate with the accounting group for items that fall out of scope during data testing procedures
- Compile and submit performance data to NCREIF and IPD indices as well as various consultant databases
- Monitor and maintain the return system database for system entry, accounting personnel access, entity set up and general help in answering questions and resolving any problems that arise
- Update and maintain necessary processes and documents
- Participate in other projects as requested.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- One to three years accounting, real estate and/or performance measurement related experience, or interest in these fields demonstrated through internships or academic coursework.
- Strong technical aptitude in order to quickly master knowledge of U.S. GAAP, NCREIF/PREA Reporting Standards and GIPS
- Solid working knowledge of Excel, databases, queries, reports and charts including creating and maintaining complex spreadsheets
- Detail orientation
- Demonstrated high commitment to meeting deadlines and exceeding expectations
- Strong quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Well organized, flexible, able to work independently and in a team environment
- Concern for quality expressed by continually initiating system and process improvements
- Proficiency in MS Access a plus.