Job Title: Fund Controller
Location: UK, London
Employment Type: Full Time
To Apply: Please email a covering letter and your CV (stating the position you are applying for) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Finance team is responsible for all elements of accounting, financial reporting and statutory / fiscal compliance for LaSalle UK Funds and segregated separate account mandates and other intrinsically linked functions e.g. tax, structuring, debt, liquidations, transaction support, etc. The objective of the role is to offer a 'best-in-class' service to our clients and our internal business stakeholders at all times. The successful candidate will be responsible for a number of large separate accounts with the specific objective of ensuring LaSalle meets its accounting and reporting obligations set out in individual client / fund agreements.
Role and Accountabilities:
Clients/Investors, Fund Managers, Asset Management, Property Managers, European Director of Tax, External Lawyers, Third Party Service Providers and accountants.
- Management of the accounting and reporting processes for the mandates, including monthly / quarterly financial statements, client reporting, cash management (including capital calls and distribution}, annual financial statements, performance management, audits and client requests.
- Serving as a single point of contact for internal fund managers, portfolio managers and asset managers.
- Management of service provider such as outsourced property managers and fund administrators.
- Assisting in due diligence and structuring of new investments
- Assisting with the implementation of best practices in all aspects of fund accounting
- Responsible for the management and development of an assistant accountant
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Qualified Accountant with up to 3 years PQE ideally in a Real Estate organisation
- Strong organizational and communication skills, with the ability to prioritize and work under pressure
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently as well as being a team player able to adapt to different personalities and styles
- Strong work ethic and positive 'can-do' attitude with ability to meet deadlines and take initiative
- High level attention to detail and conduct sense checks on all work
- Experience of working with investment, asset or property management systems
- Outgoing personality and ability to engage at all levels
LaSalle is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from all sections of the community