Fund Accountant / Assistant Fund Accountant
Job Title: Fund Accountant/Assistant Fund Accountant
Location: UK, London
Department: Client Accounts
Employment Type: Full Time
To Apply: Please email a covering letter and your CV (stating the position you are applying for) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Finance team is responsible for all elements of accounting, financial reporting and statutory / fiscal compliance for a number of LaSalle UK funds and segregated separate account mandates and other intrinsically linked functions e.g. tax, structuring, debt, liquidations, transaction support, etc. The objective of the role is to offer a 'best-in-class' service to our clients and our internal business stakeholders at all times. The successful candidate will be responsible for a number of the UK Funds and at least one separate account client, with the specific objective of ensuring LaSalle meets its accounting and reporting obligations set out in individual client / fund agreements. There is also a key role to play in fund structuring, bank financing and liquidations, as well as taking responsibility for numerous other corporate matters in relation to the UK fund entities.
Role and Accountabilities:
LaSalle are looking to recruit a Fund Accountant / Assistant Fund Accountant to:
- Assist and manage the accounting, consolidation and reporting processes for the real estate funds, including monthly & quarterly financial statements, investor reporting, annual financial accounts and investor requests.
- Oversee the audit and tax compliance processes, including fee negotiations, scope determination, appointment and co-ordination of external advisers.
- Serve as a single point of contact for internal fund managers, portfolio managers and asset managers
- General support for the UK funds team, including preparation of VAT returns, drawdown and distribution notices and updating cashbooks.
- Assist with the implementation of best practices in all aspects of fund accounting.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Educated to degree level (minimum 2:1 result)
- Newly qualified/part-qualified accountant (CIMA or ACCA)
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently as well as being a team player able to adapt to different personalities and styles
- Strong work ethic and positive 'can-do' attitude with ability to meet deadlines and take initiative
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Outgoing personality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Organised, methodical and with an eye for detail
- Previous property accounting or real estate funds experience required, as is experience working with one of the industry recognised property management systems.
LaSalle Investment Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer.