Debt Asset Manager
Job Title: Debt Asset Manager
Location: London, UK
Department: Debt & Special Situations
Employment Type: Full Time
To Apply: Please email a covering letter and your CV (stating the position you are applying for) to: email@example.com
The Portfolio Management team within the Debt and Special Situations group at LaSalle Investment Management, consists of 3 people and is responsible for all elements of investors reporting and loan asset management for all funds and separate accounts advised by the Debt and Special Situations team. The team currently advises four debt funds and one special situations fund at various stages of their life cycle. The PM team also supports the wider Debt and Special Situation team, with financial analysis of different ad-hoc projects.
Role and Accountabilities:
The candidate will lead the debt asset management function within the PM team, and will be responsible for day-to-day management of the loans, including borrowers’ consents, valuation reviews, compliance testing, quarterly reporting and ongoing performance monitoring and risk assessment of the positions. The candidate will report to the Fund Manager and Director of Operations on performance of all loans and will make recommendations and action plans, as necessary, and once approved will implement such actions.
Oversee all debt investments of the Debt and Special Situation team on a day to day basis:
- Commercial review of quarterly reports, tenancy schedules, accounts and all other deliverables provided by the sponsors
- Monitor covenants compliance – technically and commercially
- Update deal performance trackers and present analysis of performance, trends & risks to Fund Manager and Director of Operation quarterly or more often if required
- Work closely with PM team members to ensure underlying deal models are updated as required
- Liaise with Loan Agency, Finance, Legal and In-house Project Monitor
- Periodic site visits
- Annual review and approval of budgets & business plans
- Lead consent requests analysis and prepare all recommendations and/or investment committee notifications to facilitate major decisions
- Support Loan Agency with annual property valuation instructions, review of all valuation reports and complete valuation check lists
- Lead loan amendments, loan increases & redemptions as well as loan refinancing
- Together with head of PM team - manage, grow and lead junior members of the PM team
- Develop and maintain close relationships with Sponsors.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- BA or BS degree with strong record of academic achievement.
- At least 5 year experience in debt asset management. Work-out experience is an advantage
- An understanding of property fundamentals (property Management, leasing and development)
- Ability to review and analyse legal docs, in particular loan agreements
- Strong numeracy, financial and computer skills including MS Excel and an ability to understand key performance drivers
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills
- Adaptable team player with the ability to operate autonomously when needed in a high-pressure environment
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to present to clients in both a verbal and written format
- Ability to work collaboratively with other internal teams including transaction management, finance & Loan Agency, LaSalle’s asset management, research and client services.
LaSalle is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from all sections of the community