Compliance and Risk Management Officer
Job Title: Compliance and Risk Management Officer
Department: Legal & Compliance
Employment Type: Full Time
To Apply: Please email a covering letter and your CV (stating the position you are applying for) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This role will be responsible for maintaining the compliance framework, assessing standards of compliance and providing compliance advice to LaSalle’s AMF regulated Paris office. This is a busy and autonomous business facing role within a successful and dynamic real estate investment management business. The successful candidate will have a high level of independence and will report to the RCCI (currently based in Luxembourg). This new role will sit in the wider European Legal and Compliance team which report to the European Head of Legal & Compliance based in London.
Role and Accountabilities
- Develop and update compliance systems.
- Undertake the internal control plan and prepare compliance reports for the Audit Committee regarding standards of compliance.
- Create and update the internal policies and processes.
- Submit returns to the AMF.
- Organising the AIFMD reporting and the AMF reporting’s.
- Maintain key documents, databases and registers.
- Assist with assessing the impact of new AMF rules and EU Directives.
- Develop and update existing risk management systems
- Ensure proper controls on external partners
- Provide advice to colleagues from investment management, asset management and other departments regarding compliance matters including for example, advising on internal compliance requirements, KYC, conflicts of interests and the application of AMF rules.
- Respond to compliance questions included in invitations to tender received from potential clients.
- Support new business and real estate transactions by reviewing and approving anti-money laundering KYC due diligence in respect of new clients and deal counterparties.
- Work with the RCCI on compliance related projects.
- Provide training and coaching on compliance, risk management and internal control to employees.
Required Qualifications & Experience
- Degree level education
- Experience in investment management industry, preferably real estate
- Good knowledge and understanding of AMF AIFMD and MiFID investment management rules
- Compliance monitoring experience, and legal experience an advantage
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar function.
- Confident self-starter, proactive and engaged in Compliance matters
- Able to prioritise and work efficiently and independently
- Able to build good working relationships with colleagues at all levels across the Paris office and the wider organisation
- Persuasive and diplomatic with the confidence to push back as needed
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to travel periodically to other LaSalle offices in Europe.
LaSalle is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from all sections of the community.