Company: LaSalle Investment Management
Job Title: Business Analyst
Employment Type: Full time, permanent
Reporting to: National Director, Business Technology
LaSalle Investment Management (“LaSalle”) is a global real estate investment manager with USD 60 billion of private and public real estate assets under management and nearly 700 people in 16 countries worldwide. Our diverse investor base includes public and private pension funds, insurance companies, governments, endowments and high net worth investors from across the globe. LaSalle sponsors private separate accounts, private open and closed-end commingled funds, and public real estate securities programs. As a wholly-owned member of the Jones Lang LaSalle group, LaSalle's investment teams also draw on the intelligence and resources of our parent company, giving us unique access to market opportunities and key industry leaders.
As a Business Analyst, you will coordinate between the internal teams to gather requirements, leverage analytic and technical skills to innovate, build, and maintain well-managed data solutions and capabilities to tackle business problems. This role will be focusing on Data Analytics and Business processes in the beginning, but will work on other Business technology initiatives from time to time.
- Pro-actively engage, manage and build strong relationships with internal & external business and technology stakeholders
- Provide data insights for the business and function, recommend areas for improved data consolidation, and automate reports to streamline the data collection and reporting processes.
- Partner with the business to provide consultancy and translate the business needs to design and develop tools, techniques, metrics, and dashboards for insights and data visualization.
- Take ownership of technology deliveries from high level requirement through development, testing and deployment
- Data Management
- Establish efficient Data collection and validation process with both internal and external data providers
- Ensure data quality, data policy and integration between various data sources and our Enterprise Data Warehouse. Build and execute tools to monitor and report on data quality.
- Work collaboratively with appropriate Tech teams to manage security mechanisms and data access governance
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Tertiary qualification in Computer Science, Economics, Econometrics, Engineering, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics etc.
- A proven track record with minimum of 4 years of experience as Business analyst or Data analyst, in the Asset Management or Financial Services industry
- Experience in delivering business analysis to projects with a significant data dimension - e.g. analytics, data warehouse, strategic reporting, dashboards
- Systems and process analysis experience and an understanding of the systems development process and overall project lifecycle
- Hands-on experience and familiar with Data analytics, Data warehouse implantation, Data mining or modelling process. Demonstrating knowledge of ETL process , data governance, data quality management concepts and data quality tools
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization and people from diverse backgrounds in the Asia Pacific Region.
- Ability to accurately translate and document business needs into functional and technical requirements; take ownership of business requirements and manage them through to delivery.
- Ability to query, analyse and work with data languages and platform
- Exposure in various business technology solutions would be beneficial, understanding of SQL, VBA or Business intelligence tools (e.g. PowerBI) will be a plus
- Logical thinker, good communication skills and details oriented
LaSalle Investment Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Start a lasting career with LaSalle Investment Management today!