Job Title: Associate Director
Location: UK, London
Department: Special Situations, Finance Team
Employment Type: 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
To Apply: Please email a covering letter and your CV (stating the position you are applying for) to: email@example.com
The Debt and Special Situations Loan Asset Management & Finance team at LaSalle Investment Management, consists of 4 people and is responsible for all elements of accounting, financial reporting, statutory / fiscal compliance and loan asset management for all funds and separate accounts advised by the Debt and Special Situations team. The team currently advises three debt funds and one special situations fund at various stages of their life cycle. A fourth debt fund is expected to close in the near term. The Finance team also plays a key role in fund structuring/set-up, bank financing and liquidations as well as taking responsibility for corporate matters in relation to fund entities. LaSalle are looking to recruit an Associate Director for the Debt and Special Situations Team with drive, excellent communication skills and the ability to work in the challenging and exciting Debt and Special Situations business. The candidate will lead the Finance & LAM function, managing the preparation of all aspects of accounting and financial reporting, including tax compliance for all funds advised by the Debt & Special situations team. The candidate will also play a leading role in the loan asset management function working closely with the Director of Operations. In addition, the candidate will have significant involvement in the establishment of future funds in this growing area of the business. The candidate will have 2 direct reports.
Role and Accountabilities:
Accounting & Operations
- Management of the accounting, consolidation and reporting processes for all funds, including quarterly/annual financial statements, investor reporting, annual financial accounts and investor requests.
- Oversight of the audit process and tax compliance across all funds, including appointment and co-ordination of external advisers.
- Serving as a single point of contact for internal fund managers, portfolio & asset managers and administrators.
- Responsible for cash management of the funds and separate accounts, including calculation of investor calls and distributions along with making recommendations to the fund managers.
- Oversee management of the revolving subscription facility as applicable.
- Support Director of Operations with budget and forecasting of Special Situations profit & loss and review and forecast of advisory & performance fees.
- Interact regularly with the LaSalle Luxembourg office and the LaSalle European Compliance function to ensure the fund operations are complying with internal controls and external regulations
- Liaise with the different LaSalle Finance functions and ensure all information and reporting requirements are provided in an accurate and timely manner.
- Assisting with the implementation of best practices in all aspects of fund accounting.
- Responsible for the management and development finance team – two fund accountants and one assistant fund accountant.
Loan Asset Management
- Responsibility for all aspects of loan servicing – (1) Day 1 set up of new deals on LAM files & systems in accordance with loan agreements and related documents (2) Ongoing interest statement production, review of compliance reporting & testing, consents and waivers requests, valuation instructions, insurance monitoring, interest & fees collection.
- Work closely with Director of Operation & Portfolio Management team on day to day asset management matters and risk monitoring of the investments.
- Assisting in due diligence and structuring of new debt investments.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Qualified accountant with 6-8 post qualification experience (ACA, ACCA preferred)
- Commercial mindset
- Fund or CRE debt experience (an experience in both would be advantageous)
- Outgoing personality
- Strong technical accounting experience
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Self-motivated/takes initiative
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
LaSalle Investment Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer.