Associate, Corporate Strategy and Development
Objective of Role:
LaSalle Investment Management is currently seeking an Associate, Corporate Strategy and Development to join its global management team in the firm’s Chicago office. The individual’s primary responsibilities will include supporting LaSalle’s corporate strategy development and execution. Reporting to the Global Head of Corporate Strategy and Development, this individual will assist in developing the strategic framework that supports LaSalle’s short- and long-term growth plans and budgets. This role will also work closely with internal leaders and external sources as M&A opportunities are evaluated, acting as a project coordinator to ensure all appropriate parties are connected throughout the M&A process. The individual, working closely with LaSalle’s technology team and functional leaders, will also assist in developing LaSalle’s digital strategy.
- Work directly with LaSalle’s Global Head of Corporate Strategy and Development to support all phases of the short-term and long-term strategic planning processes including identifying growth opportunities through competitive intelligence, assessing LaSalle’s relative strengths and weaknesses, understanding short and long-term trends, developing content for strategy presentations, and crafting clear execution and communication plans.
- Conduct research and analysis, including financial modeling, to identify and evaluate emerging issues, opportunities, and threats that may impact the business.
- Develop presentations, coordinate timelines, and gather inputs from inside and outside the organization to better inform decision making with LaSalle senior leadership.
- Foster understanding and alignment of strategic vision/initiatives across LaSalle.
- Support change management in the organization and work with the Global Head of Corporate Strategy and Development to ensure strategic initiatives are implemented in a timely manner.
- Work effectively across business units and act as an internal consultant to support the business on a wide variety of assignments and projects.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- 3-5 years' experience in strategy, business development or consulting. Experience in an international, financial or professional services organization preferred.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Advanced proficiency in financial modeling preferred.
- Sound financial acumen and excellent decision making judgement.
- Strong cross cultural understanding and communication skills.
- Ability to think strategically as well as to act tactically.
- Prior interaction with senior corporate level executives.
- Familiarity with M&A deal structures/forms – including JV’s, stock mergers, asset purchases, etc.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong relationship and collaborative team building skills.
- Thrives in a continuous improvement environment; flexible and adaptable.
- Ability to push through difficult change and overcome stakeholder objectives.
- Excellent communication skills: listening, verbal and written
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or related field; MBA a plus.
- Ability to travel required.
LaSalle Investment Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer