Assistant Fund Manager
Job Title: Assistant Fund Manager
Location: UK, London
Department: Investment Management
Employment Type: Full Time
To Apply: Please email a covering letter and your CV (stating the position you are applying for) to: email@example.com
The team is focused on attracting and managing capital on behalf of a variety of international clients from around the globe to meet their investment objectives. The team currently has assets under management of approximately $2 billion, with further capital ready to deploy for additional strategic acquisitions.
Role and Accountabilities:
The chosen candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day management of portfolios comprising assets located in London and other global gateway markets. You will work closely with multiple Fund Managers and Analysts to manage all portfolio matters in conjunction with investment specialists, asset managers, accounting functions, debt teams and structuring / tax experts situated in various LaSalle offices around the world.
- Contribute to the formulation and implementation of portfolio strategy, individual asset business plans and hold / sell recommendations.
- Source, analyse and execute new acquisitions within the adopted strategies, including correctly articulating requirements to investment agents, producing / overseeing cash-flow analyses and investment committee papers and completing due diligence.
- Responsible for ensuring the correct processes are followed in relation to the procurement of approvals (offshore structuring, non-discretionary mandates, lenders).
- Oversee asset managers in the implementation of individual asset business plans.
- Working with analysts oversee day-to-day operations (reporting, valuation, performance measurement, etc.).
- Regular presentation of client updates.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Experienced property professional with relevant experience in commercial real estate, investment management, debt.
- Advanced numeracy / financial / analytical / Excel / Argus skills and competence in modelling / reviewing historic and projected returns.
- Collaborative approach with excellent relationship building and communication skills with a clear capacity for decision making.
- Ability to operate autonomously when needed in a high pressure environment whilst managing competing priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to work effectively with junior and senior colleagues across a variety of offices and cultures.
- Experience with managing capital and the documentation associated with complex debt and tax structures will be an advantage.
- MRICS desirable but not essential.
LaSalle is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from all sections of the community