Job Title: Asset Manager
Location: UK, London
Department: Asset Management
Employment Type: Full Time
To Apply: Please email a covering letter and your CV (stating the position you are applying for) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The retail asset management team is responsible for over 260 retail assets totaling £4.5 billion under management in the UK. The team of 15 asset managers are responsible for identifying and implementing asset management initiatives to maximise asset and fund performance.
Role and Accountabilities:
The successful candidate will be responsible for identifying and undertaking asset management initiatives on allocated properties across various Funds. Identifying and implementing value added opportunities to drive asset management, performance and property returns performance across portfolios including:
- Lettings, renewals, re-gears, rent reviews, lease surrenders & dilapidations.
- Extensions and change of use
- Minimising irrecoverable/void costs
- Tenant retention
- Progressing direct relationships with occupiers
- Establishing/maintaining local, regional & national relationships
- Repositioning assets
Overseeing property management by outsourced service providers and ensuring accountability and performance through regular management meetings and quarterly performance reviews with reference to agreed KPI’s to include tracking and monitoring of rent collection, arrears and data-base records.
Prepare for and present (where appropriate) property details regularly with Fund Manager.
Instructing and overseeing letting agents (co-ordination of leasing teams, marketing actions and lease negotiations), rent review surveyors and other external consultants
Review potential acquisitions with Fund team and assist in preparing all recommendations and investment committee notifications to facilitate major transactions, including:
- The provision of specialist advice on potential acquisitions.
- Undertaking necessary property and tenant audit
- Responsible for all leasing and asset management assumptions in cash flow appraisals to support transactions
- Production of property performance projections and asset specific business plans
- Jointly present with Fund team recommendations to investment committee.
- Support diligence on purchases and responsible for conducting disposals.
- Assisting in delivery of client quarterly reports
Preparation (with the input of fund analyst where appropriate) and implementation of annual individual asset business plan and projections including:
- Lease income, expiries and lease events
- Anticipated capital expenditure and revenue expenditure over next 5 years
- Irrecoverable/void costs
- Risks and opportunities e.g. redevelopment, change of use, significant voids and potential tenant failure
- Economic viability
- Recommendation on hold/sell.
- Support Fund Teams in providing all property details to the external Valuer’s and checking of valuations.
- Monitor and manage property NOI statements.
- Deliver asset management initiatives in line with house sustainability policies
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- BA or BS degree with strong record of academic achievement.
- An understanding of property fundamentals (property Management, leasing and development)
- Keen interest in property and the changing dynamics in each sector.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of the impact of sustainability on the property industry.
- Strong numeracy, financial and computer skills including MS Excel and an ability to understand key performance drivers
- Adaptable team player with the ability to operate autonomously when needed in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to present to clients in both a verbal and written format.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other LIM internal teams including fund teams and analysts, finance, strategy and client services.
- Resilient to set backs with proven energy and enthusiasm.
LaSalle is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from all sections of the community