Job Title: Analyst
Location: UK, London
Department: Debt Investment and Special Situations
Employment Type: Full Time
To Apply: Please email a covering letter and your CV (stating the position you are applying for) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is with LaSalle Investment Management’s Debt Investment and Special Situations team which invests fund capital into structured real estate debt and equity investments across the Europe. The team, established in 2010, has become one the largest providers of alternative finance for commercial real estate deals in Europe, having raised/deployed six investment funds/vehicles which have completed over 40 transactions totaling over €2.0 billion of deployed capital across a wide variety of situations. It is currently deploying capital on behalf of discretionary funds: 1) LREDs III, a £750m target debt investments fund focused on mezzanine and whole loan investments across Western Europe and 2) LRF (LaSalle Residential Finance Fund), a c. £760m fund focused on providing whole loan development finance on residential, hotel, student housing & health care assets.
Role and Accountabilities:
Evaluating potential investment opportunities throughout Europe. The role is responsible for analysing complex structured investment opportunities and supporting team members on all aspects of the investment process. The candidate will support team members in providing financial modelling, interacting with external advisors, performing detailed due diligence and preparing investment committee memorandums.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- 0-2/3 years of experience, this person will be at a level of first/second year Analyst equivalent in banking terms.
- Must have knowledge & experience in analysing and modelling complex deals and financial structures.
- Must be proficient in financial modelling in Excel.
- Familiarity with more complex capital structures, including the ability to analyse financial statements would be beneficial.
- Strong attention to detail and analytical rigor is key to the role.
- Good understanding and an interest in real estate investments and knowledge of debt investments would be advantageous.
- A team player with excellent communication skills, strong work ethic and positive attitude.
- European languages (German in particular) an advantage although not a must.
LaSalle Investment Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer.