Job Title: Analyst, Portfolio Management
Department: Debt Investment and Special Situations
Location: One Curzon Street, London, UK
This position is part of LaSalle Investment Management’s Debt Investment and Special Situations team, which invests fund capital into structured real estate debt and equity investments across the Europe. The team was set up in 2010 and has become one the largest providers of alternative finance on commercial real estate in Europe, having raised/deployed six investment funds/vehicles which have completed over 40 transactions totaling over €2billion of deployed capital across a wide variety of situations. It currently is deploying capital on behalf of discretionary funds: LREDs II, a £600m debt investments fund focused on mezzanine and whole loan investments and 2) LRF (LaSalle Residential Finance Fund), a £440m fund focused on providing whole loan development finance on residential, hotel and student housing. Although both funds have remaining capital to invest, they are largely invested, and the team is actively raising a further fund series.
Role and Accountabilities:
This role will specifically work within the Portfolio Management (“PM”) Team, which consists of three individuals that looks across all of the Team’s investments.
Portfolio Management function:
- Forecasting the Team’s performance on funds/investment mandates and completed deals;
- Preparing asset models and Investment Committee memos for loan restructures and workouts;
- Running disposition and repayment analysis and investment committee memos;
- Running deal/portfolio/fund level analysis; building performance scenarios, assessing risk allocation and portfolio diversification;
- Working with fund manager and client capital to develop future fund strategies and fundraising efforts;
- Monitoring asset’s business plan progress on development and transitional asset investments;
- Preparing LP communication and organising investor conferences and calls; and
- Communicating with the fund manager, investors, borrowers and various other stakeholders internally and externally.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Good understanding and an interest in real estate investments, knowledge of debt investments would be advantageous
- Ability to perform advanced financial modelling in excel is a must, familiarity with capital structures, corporate finance a plus;
- Analytical rigour and attention to detail is key to the role;
- A conscientious team player with excellent communication skills, strong work ethic and positive attitude, and ability to work in a proactive and supportive manner;
- Energetic and self-motivated, with an ability to work independently and show initiative.
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
LaSalle is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from all sections of the community