Job Title: AIFM Officer
Employment Type: Full Time
To Apply: Please email a covering letter and your CV (stating the position you are applying for) to: email@example.com
LaSalle’s AIFM (the AIFM) has one fund under management but there is an active and growing pipeline of new funds from all three LaSalle regions that will potentially appoint the AIFM. The AIFM is currently supported on a part time basis by a number of LaSalle employees but the increasing work load from the existing fund and the work required in respect of potential new funds means that it is necessary to appoint an experienced and dedicated full time officer who will be the first point of contact for the AIFM within LaSalle. Although growing, the AIFM is currently a small business which means the job holder will have a wide range of responsibilities and will be required to operate at a strategic, operational and administrative level. This is an exciting opportunity for someone to support the growth and development of the AIFM.
The wider Luxembourg office comprises approximately 14 staff and this is forecast to grow over the short term. This new role will sit in the Luxembourg Legal and Compliance team, which currently consists of two qualified lawyers, one corporate officer plus an administrative assistant. The Compliance and Legal functions report to the European heads of Compliance and Legal in London. This role will report to the Chief Counsel – Luxembourg, but will work closely with the existing three AIFM conducting officers.
Role and Accountabilities:
The scope of the role is broken into two key areas:
1. Support Business Development initiatives
- Explain and promote the AIFM within LaSalle globally, detailingthe benefits of AIFMD regulated funds
- Supporting the conducting officers and working with LaSalle teams across the globe to on-board new funds
- Integrate new funds onto the AIFM compliance and reporting platform
- Provide AIFM related input to RFPs
- Advise relevant staff on the implication of new and updated regulations and oversee the gap analysis and action plan required, including updating the AIFM’s risk maps where required.
2. AIFM Operations & Administration
- Work with the LaSalle teams appointed to advise AIFM to ensure roles and responsibilities are understood and processes and service standards are in place
- Develop a robust, risk-based program for corporate governance and regulatory compliance, covering accountabilities, reporting and controls, including developing and maintaining the AIFM’s compliance process manual
- Ensuring all statutory and regulatory filing deadlines are met
- Create, review and update the AIFM’s policies and procedures in accordance with statutory requirements
- Ensure the AIFM’s risk maps are updated as and when required (eg in response to regulatory changes or on-boarding of new funds)
- Co-ordinate the signing of documents and obtaining AIFM approvals
- Work with LaSalle’s global fund teams to collect and provide all supporting information required by the AIFM during the selection of service providers to AIFs managed by the AIFM
- Implement and administer the compliance program for oversight of AIFM delegates and other service providers (depositaries, central administrators, etc)
- Support the risk management function by collecting all required information from LaSalle and finance teams
- Liaise with the internal auditor, overseeing audits and coordinating responses to audit points
- Organize, run and minute board meetings and portfolio management committee meetings
- Administer the filing and record keeping systems of the AIFM, ensuring all documentation is stored and available for review and communication to third parties (eg depositaries, auditors, CSSF)
- Leverage and harmonize Luxembourg AIFM procedures with LaSalle’s regulated entities in France and Germany.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Educated with a relevant bachelor degree and a minimum 4-5 years’ experience in a regulated environment
- You will have experience working with Luxembourg real estate or private equity funds, either within an existing regulated investment management house or a regulated third party AIFM. Candidates currently working in an audit firm or a law firm with the appropriate and relevant experience may also be considered
- Exemplary organizational skills with ability to prioritise and used to working under tight deadlines
- Quick learner and used to working independently
- A demonstrable ability to implement organizational change
- In deptch knowledge of systems and procedures within another AIFM structure
- Strong influencing and relationship management skills.
- Strong ethical values
- Proven track record of identifying and implementing process improvements
- Willing to carry out regular travel to other LaSalle offices
- Strong language skills in English and French (spoken and written) and good command of German is an asset.
LaSalle is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from all sections of the community.