Summer Start Date 2017 Full-time Financial Analyst
To be considered, please click the link below to apply online. All resume MUST BE submitted via our website.
Objective of Role:
LaSalle Investment Management is seeking a Financial Analyst to join its Acquisitions or Asset & Portfolio Management teams in the Chicago office. Asset & Portfolio Management analysts will primarily focus on property and portfolio-level analysis for one of the firm’s real estate funds and provide assistance to the team in monitoring and improving the performance of commercial real estate investments. Acquisitions analysts will provide assistance on a wide range of functions from initial underwriting to closing transactions and reviewing due diligence materials on active investments.
Asset & Portfolio Management Accountabilities:
- Conduct financial analyses including cash flow projections and Argus valuation models
- Evaluate property-level and total portfolio investment performance
- Assist property managers in development of annual operating budgets and quarterly reforecasts
- Gather and evaluate economic and market data
- Assist with client reporting, investor communications and presentation preparation
- Analyze potential leases and their financial impact on an investment
- Evaluate lease language and understanding of impact to value of real estate
- Coordinate property appraisals and internal valuations utilizing Argus valuation models
- Provide analytical support to colleagues in the areas of fund operations and asset management
- Run portfolio-level sensitivities to assist senior management in major business decisions
- Assist asset and portfolio managers in the disposition process
- Perform detailed quarterly financial statement analysis, review of rent rolls, current and future cash flow and forecasting of both present value and cash flows through Argus
- Oversee compliance of ground leases and mortgages.
- Assist team members with evaluating and underwriting potential acquisitions on behalf of the firm’s commingled funds and separate accounts;
- Perform complex financial analyses, including Argus valuation models and Excel-based underwriting pro-formas, cash flow projections and sensitivity analyses;
- Assist with managing the due diligence process, including the review and analysis of leases, operating information, legal documentation, and other investment-related materials;
- Gather and evaluate economic and market data; and
- Assist with the preparation and presentation of investment memoranda to the firm’s Investment Committee.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- BA/BS degree in real estate, finance, accounting, or economics or related field with strong record of academic achievement, with graduation by June 2016
- Highly skilled in modeling investments in Excel; Argus experience is a plus
- Knowledge of DCF, NPV and cash flow models
- Strong financial and analytical ability with solid organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Highly-developed verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proactive thinking with detail-oriented and creative problem solving approach
- Candidate must be authorized to work in the United States for a minimum of 3 years.
LaSalle Investment Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer.